Cash Game help needed with nevada jacks breakdown (1 Viewer)

lewan

Flush
Reaction score
ignore im buying paulsons

Attachments

• image0 (2).jpg
    image0 (2).jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you can order then semi custom, where you get to choose the color for each denom.

There's some good breakdown advice here:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cash-game-0-5-1-6-max-nl-breakdown.68505/

Also, regarding starting stacks in cash games, here's my 2 cents:
I never use starting stacks for cash games. First player(s) gets all the lowest denom chips + whichever workhorses are needed. Subsequent players get workhorses and make change at the table. When all workhorses are out I start handing out value chips.

People will want to know what stakes/buy-ins you'll be playing to give you accurate advice. On another note, you can get semi-customs so can ultimately choose what colours/denominations you want.

es/buy-ins you'll be playing to give you accurate advice. On another note, you can get semi-customs so can ultimately choose what colours/denominations you want.
we dont always play the same stakes, so the chips dont have to be cash-value. starting stacks of 100bb $50 is fine

if you are thinking of having a .50 ten you are playing what .50/1 or .25/.50. if .25/.50 just use a .25 if .50/1 just use .50

I'm pretty sure you can order then semi custom, where you get to choose the color for each denom.

There's some good breakdown advice here:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cash-game-0-5-1-6-max-nl-breakdown.68505/

Also, regarding starting stacks in cash games, here's my 2 cents:
yeah i might have to get semi-custom oranges im just seeing if anyone has any ideas on how to incorporate both $0.25 and $0.50 into one game, most people skip the $0.50 and go onto the $1 (myself included) i just love the $0.50 colour

we dont always play the same stakes, so the chips dont have to be cash-value. starting stacks of 100bb $50 is fine
Sounds like a .25/.25 or .25/.50 game then depending on whether you want to start 100bb or 200bb deep. You won't need both .25 and .50 chips though, but you can have whatever denominations put on whatever colours you want with the semi-custom option.

if you are thinking of having a .50 ten you are playing what .50/1 or .25/.50. if .25/.50 just use a .25 if .50/1 just use .50
yeah i know that makes the most sense, i just really like the look of the pinks and the oranges, my favourite 2 colours of these chips

Just checking: Are you playing tournament or cash game? I.e.: Are people knocked out and there's a winner (and perhaps 2nd place, 3rd place etc...), or can you rebuy or top-up whenever you like and when you leave (which you can do whenever you want) you exchange your chips for cash?

Just checking: Are you playing tournament or cash game? I.e.: Are people knocked out and there's a winner (and perhaps 2nd place, 3rd place etc...), or can you rebuy or top-up whenever you like and when you leave (which you can do whenever you want) you exchange your chips for cash?
100bb cash game, rebuy capped at 100bb

yeah i know that makes the most sense, i just really like the look of the pinks and the oranges, my favourite 2 colours of these chips
I would strongly consider going the semi- custom route rather than playing with both .25 and 0.50.

I would strongly consider going the semi- custom route rather than playing with both .25 and 0.50.
yep its obviously the most logical option just will cost extra and im pretty poor right now

So you're always playing with the blinds .25/.50, but at a given night the .25 chip might be worth e.g. £1?
yeah thats right, we dont play as high as that, but thats the right principle.

Buy the 0.25s now and save up for the semi-custom oranges later?
its not that i cant afford them its just more of a i no longer have a job so it doesnt feel right spending lots if nothings coming in. also im sure you know first-hand about shipping prices to the uk from the us :p

What kind of sorcery is this? Surely in a cash game, the face value of the chips must represent their cash value?!
my friends like the high values of the chips, we just usually use ratios that are easy to mentally calculate to real-value

yep its [semi customs] obviously the most logical option just will cost extra and im pretty poor right now
I see what you mean. If you feel poor, it would be a shame to waste money on a breakdown that doesn't really work. I say go with a good breakdown, and invest a bit more if you want the desired colors.

With .25 and .50 in play, the .25 are really only used for posting the small blind and in the smaller bet ranges (but still max 1 per bet)

What kind of sorcery is this? Surely in a cash game, the face value of the chips must represent their cash value?!
additionally, we're a lot younger so hopefully in the future i could use this set at cash-value ($0.25=25p etc), but we're not in a place where we can afford to gamble that much, just friends enjoying poker for the poker but usually play for something like £10 so it doesnt get out of hand

I see what you mean. If you feel poor, it would be a shame to waste money on a breakdown that doesn't really work. I say go with a good breakdown, and invest a bit more if you want the desired colors.

With .25 and .50 in play, the .25 are really only used for posting the small blind and in the smaller bet ranges (but still max 1 per bet)
if i were to use .25 pink, $1 blue, $5 red, what would u recommend the orange being? $10?

usually play for something like £10
I guess you're playing something like 0.05/0.10?

Here's my recommendation:
Buy 0.05, 0.25, 1, 5
Play according to the actual chip values.
Make your favorite colors the .25 and 1, since they get used a lot.
When you're gambling higher stakes in the future, you can afford some £25 (oh, did I mention you can change the currency sign as well?) and you can donate the 0.05.

if i were to use .25 pink, $1 blue, $5 red, what would u recommend the orange being? $10?
If you're going this route, make it a chip that's used a lot. 0.25 pink, £1 blue, £5 orange. You don't want a ten, the next denom is 20 or 25, which will rarely see any action.

additionally, we're a lot younger so hopefully in the future i could use this set at cash-value ($0.25=25p etc), but we're not in a place where we can afford to gamble that much, just friends enjoying poker for the poker but usually play for something like £10 so it doesnt get out of hand
Nothing wrong with microstakes and we play 0.05/0.10 with a £10 buy-in. Only need 0.05, 0.25 and 1.00 chips! As your game grows you can add $5 chips.

I guess you're playing something like 0.05/0.10?

Here's my recommendation:
Buy 0.05, 0.25, 1, 5
Play according to the actual chip values.
Make your favorite colors the .25 and 1, since they get used a lot.
When you're gambling higher stakes in the future, you can afford some £25 (oh, did I mention you can change the currency sign as well?) and you can donate the 0.05.

If you're going this route, make it a chip that's used a lot. 0.25 pink, £1 blue, £5 orange. You don't want a ten, the next denom is 20 or 25, which will rarely see any action.
i didnt know u could change the currency sign :bigbucks: but actually i really dont mind the $, its not at all confusing and with this particular chip it matches the theme and story of the nevada jacks. but yeah i might just get 5c oranges

i didnt know u could change the currency sign :bigbucks: but actually i really dont mind the $, its not at all confusing and with this particular chip it matches the theme and story of the nevada jacks. but yeah i might just get 5c oranges
You won't need many 0.05 which will keep the costs down. How many players do you normally have?

You won't need many 0.05 which will keep the costs down. How many players do you normally have?
6-8, but we might have a couple of new people in the summer. so i was thinking getting enough for 10 stacks

well you only need to semi custom 1 chips. get the .25 and 1 stock and semi custom the 5.

I would add a barrel of 25. with a $50 buyin just play .25/.50

120 x 25
200 x 1
160 x 5
20 x 25

starting stacks

6-8, but we might have a couple of new people in the summer. so i was thinking getting enough for 10 stacks
My recommendation would be no more than 100 x 0.05. Give a stack to each of the first 5 players and then the rest can make change. Focus on the 0.25 and 1.00.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom