Help Needed Designing Gangster Squad $100 Plaque (1 Viewer)

Mr. Cheese

Full House
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My largest denomination with the Gangster Squad set is the 25 dollar chip but it seems it may be beneficial/cool to have a $100 denomination as well. I thought about buying a handful of RHC chips to label but I want the $100 to be special so I think my best options are either a 44mm oversized Paulson chip or a plaque.

Going with the plaque idea I was wondering if anyone had a good basic design that could be modified to work for the Gangster Squad? If anyone wants to run with an idea and mock something up I certainly am open to others ideas otherwise just a good basic layout/design that I can photoshop the GS logo too would be great.

Just to give you an idea of what the logo looks like:

I had a couple of minutes, what do you think? If I remember correctly you liked the bullet holes early one, so I added those for fun.

test1.jpg

test2.jpg

Awesome. Love the bullet holes. If you can squeeze the $ in there, I think it would align better with the rest of the set.

Nice work Steve! I'm digging the bottom one with dollar signs.

Might try the denoms facing outwards....

I think that's a winner too! Awesome work Steve. Wonder what would look cool for the edge design? If you don't already have a set you have certainly earned yourself a sample set of GS chips if you want them :)

I think that's a winner too! Awesome work Steve. Wonder what would look cool for the edge design? If you don't already have a set you have certainly earned yourself a sample set of GS chips if you want them :)
I do not have a sample set, I would love a sample set.

What size plaque are you getting and what vendor? I have something in mind, will do a mockup once I know the size.

I was thinking Sal with OWPS. As for size I think the 94x66mm would be a good size.

Wonder what would look cool for the edge design?

I'd say it should include bullets, if possible. I'm not sure of the height so tough to say but you should be able to do the bullets flying across the edge of the plaque.

Looking at the information for the OWPS plaques, based on this should we stay away from adding any artwork to the edge? I can always do a mockup and have Sal review to see how it would print.

Face of the plaque:
94 mm x 66 mm

Rolling edge:
304 mm x 5 mm - Please Note that the rolling edge on plaques are best with solid colors. Stripes, designs and text tend to blur and be inexact.

I mocked one up anyways, tried to keep it simple.

test6.jpg

Last edited:
That looks great to me. I'll reach out to Sal and see if he thinks the printing can be done on the sides like that or if it will be an issue. When you get a chance Steve pm me your address so I can send out a sample set.

Wonder what would look cool for the edge design?

Bullet holes, obv. Won't even matter if they aren't totally centered perfectly, since nobody has that good of an aim with a tommygun.....

Crazy idea... do the same art, no bullet holes...

And then add just two bullet holes, but much bigger - as in, actual size. Make them off-center, obstructing the art and one of the denoms, so that it looks like actual bullet hits in the plaque.
Then, do the art for the other side as a separate image - same deal, but with the bullet holes in mirror-image position, as if they'd gone through the plaque.

What color felt do you have? Use that for the hole.

That's not a bad idea Mental Nomad. It would be interesting to see something like that although I think that would be really hard to do. Currently my table is burgundy suited speed cloth but I hope to have Steve design a Gangster Squad custom cloth eventually so it may be changing colors.

sooooo..... you make the bullet hole backgrounds burgundy speed-cloth on one side, and whatever-color-your-new-felt-is on the other side....

Just sent Sal an email so we'll see what he says about the edge artwork. Looking forward to these coming to fruition!

According to Sal we can't do aligned edges for the artwork so we will have to nix the stripes on the sides. He said a solid color, a marble, or a gradient works the best.

I suppose we could do some random bullet holes maybe as those wouldn't matter if they weren't exactly where we "planned" for them to be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom