Help Naming the New Set (2 Viewers)

Ronoh

Full House
Reaction score
I need help coming up with a name for an upcoming CPC set. The set will be based around horror film villains... J5 still hasn’t gotten around to me to start designing the inlays yet but the current plan is a somewhat “classy” inlay design with subtle nods to the various villains (the chips themselves are as well).

The names I am currently stuck on are The Asylum, Blood Bank or Final Cut but as I am leaning towards “subtle” none of them feel right.

Im looking for the same “AH HA, finished with that!!” feeling I had when the words Pillage & Plunder popped into my head. Please throw out your ideas, if anyone hits the nail on the head you’ll be getting a full sample set of both the chips (seven) and all the dealer buttons (I feel like there are going to be fifteen :D ). If that doesn’t happen, anyone who’s idea ultimately steers me in the right direction will get at least a sample set of the chips.

Im finally happy with all of the chips themselves but not having a name jump out at me is giving me a constant headache. Ideally it would be something that one may not recognize as being a reference to the genre but which is clear as day once pointed out but I’m not against an “in your face” name if it feels right. For added fun, it’s likely going to be CSQ but I do like both A and B molds and would happily switch over if the name fits (that’s why Asylum and Blood Bank are still in the running).

I need help coming up with a name for an upcoming CPC set. The set will be based around horror film villains... J5 still hasn’t gotten around to me to start designing the inlays yet but the current plan is a somewhat “classy” inlay design with subtle nods to the various villains (the chips themselves are as well).

The names I am currently stuck on are The Asylum, Blood Bank or Final Cut but as I am leaning towards “subtle” none of them feel right.

Im looking for the same “AH HA, finished with that!!” feeling I had when the words Pillage & Plunder popped into my head. Please throw out your ideas, if anyone hits the nail on the head you’ll be getting a full sample set of both the chips (seven) and all the dealer buttons (I feel like there are going to be fifteen :D ). If that doesn’t happen, anyone who’s idea ultimately steers me in the right direction will get at least a sample set of the chips.

Im finally happy with all of the chips themselves but not having a name jump out at me is giving me a constant headache. Ideally it would be something that one may not recognize as being a reference to the genre but which is clear as day once pointed out but I’m not against an “in your face” name if it feels right. For added fun, it’s likely going to be CSQ but I do like both A and B molds and would happily switch over if the name fits (that’s why Asylum and Blood Bank are still in the running).

Can you tell us who the villains are?

Scare Card
Third Bullet
Bomb Pot
Serial Poker
Drawing Dead
Going to think about this one @Ronoh but so far the only one that truly jumps out at me is @arch3r "Drawing Dead" really has an awesome ring to it and keeps it tied to the poker theme! Possibly add "Asylum" at the bottom.. hmm

But when you said slap you in the face yes! That one did that for me when thinking about the Theme.

T25 Freddy
T100 Jason
T500 Chucky (don’t like him but love the chip enough to include him)
T1000 Jack Torrance
T5000 Michael
T25,000 Pennywise
Bounty Ghostface
Redrum Club (or anything with Redrum)

Last edited:
Just realized Arch3r beat me to Scare Card.

Maybe there's something in the way of "Bad Beat" or "Making a Killing"

This is much more fun than doing work....

Dead meat poker
63D99369-BFD6-454C-948F-8AEA7065E1CC.jpeg

Or basket case poker.....
D8B83DCA-4B77-49C9-B213-E71CE6643D71.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom