Help me price out a Tiger Palace sample set (1 Viewer)

ChipFinderSK

Full House
Reaction score
Apologies to the mods if this is in the wrong forum.

I’m not a sample set collector, but I bought a Tiger Palace sample set so I could get a handful of chips to use as card cappers:

F87DE84A-B1BE-43EC-99EA-196B0E9A39FA.jpeg

I plan on selling the rest of the chips “at cost” to respect KK’s request not to flip these chips. The problem is, there seems to be a “premium” of roughly $25-29 for the full sample, not including the Dealer button.

How do I sell these chips without having to eat the $25-29 premium? I’m already eating the $10 shipping, but don’t want to have to eat the premium as well. Looking for advice here.

The easiest way would be to assign all of the premium to the DB, keeping everything else the same as the per-rack prices offered in the sales. I don’t really like this approach though, because it seems lazy, and won’t be fair to whoever buys the DB - which is supposed to be a throw in with the purchases. In order to get to a $400 price point, I will likely have to assign some sort of price to the DB, however.

One idea I had was to put a value on the DB, then spread the remainder across the 2 full samples I plan on keeping together. Every other single chip could then be sold at cost.

Another thought was to add 50 to each chip’s per rack price, which would leave the DB at roughly $4-8.

Please help me figure out a way to price the sample set so I can arrive at a $400 value. All opinions are welcome, even if you think I’m flipping by trying to recoup the “premium.”

Also, please no PMs - I’m not selling for at least a couple weeks, and full disclosure - I’m giving a couple people first crack at certain chips.

I’m not a sample set collector, but I bought a Tiger Palace sample set so I could get a handful of chips to use as card cappers:

View attachment 1072999

I plan on selling the rest of the chips “at cost” to respect KK’s request not to flip these chips. The problem is, there seems to be a “premium” of roughly $25-29 for the full sample, not including the Dealer button.

How do I sell these chips without having to eat the $25-29 premium? I’m already eating the $10 shipping, but don’t want to have to eat the premium as well. Looking for advice here.

The easiest way would be to assign all of the premium to the DB, keeping everything else the same as the per-rack prices offered in the sales. I don’t really like this approach though, because it seems lazy, and won’t be fair to whoever buys the DB - which is supposed to be a throw in with the purchases. In order to get to a $400 price point, I will likely have to assign some sort of price to the DB, however.

One idea I had was to put a value on the DB, then spread the remainder across the 2 full samples I plan on keeping together. Every other single chip could then be sold at cost.

Another thought was to add 50 to each chip’s per rack price, which would leave the DB at roughly $4-8.

Please help me figure out a way to price the sample set so I can arrive at a $400 value. All opinions are welcome, even if you think I’m flipping by trying to recoup the “premium.”

Also, please no PMs - I’m not selling for at least a couple weeks, and full disclosure - I’m giving a couple people first crack at certain chips.
I’d just go with a flat $10 / chip charge, and not over complicate it.

I second just throwing a $10 ticket on each single. It's not flipping when that is what you paid pretty much for the 42 chip set. I don't think anyone would have an issue with a simple $10 per chip breakdown for singles.

This is what I got:
Primary cash - $106.50
Secondary cash - $107.50
Tournament HS - $77
NCV - $87.50
DB - $21.50

View attachment 1072999

appreciate the non-flipper/non-profiteering attitude, but there is no reason to 'lose' money here... the flipper issue is typically directed towards those who re-sell for a meaningful profit, not those trying to break-even by rounding up some numbers... just a suggestion, but you could easily round up a primary cash set, for example, to $110 or even $115 and I doubt anyone would have an issue with that...certainly not me... or let's say if you sold the HS sample set for $80 or $85.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom