Help Me Pimp Out my Table (1 Viewer)

Al Azouri

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I'd love to get some thoughts on what I can do next to pimp out my table.

Here is what I've done so far:

Custom Cloth from ChanMan
I really love this cloth. It's durable, the cards have the right amount of slide and it just looks great!​
IMG_1869.jpg IMG_1870.jpg
Lighted Rail
I installed one of those LED strips then built and programmed my own Micro-controller to control them. I have several buttons and knobs to control the color, intensity, make them flash to draw attention to the game and other effects. I recently installed some 3/8" poly tubing to act as a diffuser.​
86F8C99F-15CE-47BB-ACEB-358FE9D76A04.jpeg
USB chargers at every seat
They don't get used every night, but they are really handy when you need them. The guys really like them.​
Chip Drawer
Holds 1,000 chips. This comes in really handy for chipping people in and out. I don't have to ever leave my seat.​
Remote Controlled Laser Pointer to Drive the Action
This is still experimental but it works. I posted about it in another thread.​
IMG_1866.jpg IMG_1867.jpg
Dual Sized Cup Holders Built in the Rail
I know there are plenty of debates about cup holder. I like mine just the way they are.​
Cell Phone Shelf
This is like a raceway below the table for storing cell phones and coasters.​

Things I have NOT done (yet):

Bill Slot
I really miss that feature from my old table. Unfortunately it is not possible with my current table due to the chip drawer underneath.​
Automatic Shuffler
Cased on the reviews it doesn't seem worth it. I actually enjoy shuffling. It gives me something to do while watching the action.​
Wireless charging
Too hard to future proof.​
Shot Clock in the Rail
I've seen some implementations of this. It might be cool but probably not worth it.​
Side Table
These would be a nice addition but I don't have the room in my space.​
Drink Service Call Button
That one was a non-starter with the wife.​
Electrodes at Every Seat
To remind people that it's their turn to act.​
Urinals at Every Seat
It's been asked for. I don't think I have to explain why I nixed it. :)

Your turn:

What upgrades have you done? What upgrades have you considered? Have you seen anything really cool out there?​

Last edited:
Drink Service Call Button
That one was a non-starter with the wife.​

Your turn:

What upgrades have you done? What upgrades have you considered? Have you seen anything really cool out there?​

Ha! Love it.

As far as upgrades I am considering - as you know the LCD in the center of the table, but now I am considering four 7" tablets embedded in the table at player positions instead.

Also, slide out combination cell phone/drink holders. I don't like extra stuff on the table.

Ha! Love it.

As far as upgrades I am considering - as you know the LCD in the center of the table, but now I am considering four 7" tablets embedded in the table at player positions instead.

Also, slide out combination cell phone/drink holders. I don't like extra stuff on the table.
You just reminded me. I did this also:

Cell Phone Shelf
This is like a raceway below the table for storing cell phones and coasters.

RFID embedded cards and chips? :tup:
I Like It!
But I'm way to cheap for that.

I also considered hole card cameras and/or an eye in the sky to document interesting hands. Both cool concepts but not very practical for a home game.

What I would love to have is ribbon lighting in the rail like they do in arenas.

ribbon lighting.png
like they do in

This is all just stunning!

Clearly you're a tech wizard so my challenge to you is to make the rail LED strip highlight the seating position in front of the button. That would be so cool. Even cooler would be some near-field type sensors that moves the light with the dealer button.

This is all just stunning!

Clearly you're a tech wizard so my challenge to you is to make the rail LED strip highlight the seating position in front of the button. That would be so cool. Even cooler would be some near-field type sensors that moves the light with the dealer button.
I've been toying around with the first part of that idea. I would use and addressable LED strip to accomplish this. There are however a couple of draw backs that have help me back for now.

1. From the perspective of the person on the button, they would not easily see that they are the button.
2. We don't always have exactly 10 players, and during short handed games people tend to sit wherever. This makes it hard to code something that is functional. It's easy enough to make a group of lights move from one position to the next, but when some seating positions are empty you have to adjust and when they fill up you have to adjust again.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll keep this idea on simmer.

1. From the perspective of the person on the button, they would not easily see that they are the button.
2. We don't always have exactly 10 players, and during short handed games people tend to sit wherever. This makes it hard to code something that is functional. It's easy enough to make a group of lights move from one position to the next, but when some seating positions are empty you have to adjust and when they fill up you have to adjust again.
My thoughts:
1, The button should know they are the button since they're dealing! The lights are more for others to see who the button is
2, This is an issue since there's no real fixed solution where the player numbers vary. Hence the NFC thing with the button affecting the lights - then the lights near the button are impacted and you could fade them either side. Say, for example, you have RFID tags implanted in under your speed cloth at 10cm intervals along the betting line. Then a smart-phone used as the button can read the tag and then change the addressable LEDs corresponding to the tag location a different colour. You can also have the blinds displayed on the button or something similar. I imagine that using a smart phone as a button is an easier solution since there are already smart-phone controlled addressable LEDs out there.

My thoughts:
1, The button should know they are the button since they're dealing! The lights are more for others to see who the button is
2, This is an issue since there's no real fixed solution where the player numbers vary. Hence the NFC thing with the button affecting the lights - then the lights near the button are impacted and you could fade them either side. Say, for example, you have RFID tags implanted in under your speed cloth at 10cm intervals along the betting line. Then a smart-phone used as the button can read the tag and then change the addressable LEDs corresponding to the tag location a different colour. You can also have the blinds displayed on the button or something similar. I imagine that using a smart phone as a button is an easier solution since there are already smart-phone controlled addressable LEDs out there.
I hear you on #2. Unfortunately that is beyond my current abilities. Love the idea though, as it would solve all the problems and be very playable regardless of the seating arrangements.

I hear you on #2. Unfortunately that is beyond my current abilities. Love the idea though, as it would solve all the problems and be very playable regardless of the seating arrangements.
Not surprised - I'm a consultant - I give other people advice on what they should do but have no idea how they can do it :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom