Help me pick the direction to take my Parker's set (1 Viewer)

ejot

Two Pair
Reaction score
I have spent way too long agonizing over this dilemma and would like some feedback from other chippers.

If you're unfamiliar with the Parkers chips, they are Bud Jones S/S2 V6/V6N chips . I love them:

Iwgb2cx.png

I bought Pat's (@AK Chip) microstakes limit set as an incomplete relabel project: 800 $3 browns plus labels to make them all quarters, and 200x naked yellows plus labels to make them all fives. Then added a ninth rack of browns. The labels are @Gear replicas of the originals, and very well done (duh!).

The browns are now nearly all relabeled, but as I was about the begin the yellows, I had an idea to expand the set to a flexible limit / no-limit set and adjust the remaining denomination colors. Completing the limit side of things is the priority; I can build up the no-limit side at leisure. But must decide now which path to follow.

With the holidays coming up, I'm a little **ahem** over-budget on chip purchases (YES, that's a thing!) and hadn't planned investing much further into this set. On the other hand, I don't want to shortchange the opportunity to assemble a superior set.... if it is.

Option A (original plan):
> immediately relabel 200x yellows as $5 ($0)
+ in future add 100x browns relabeled to 25c (~$80)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
= immediate limit set @ $0 .... 900x 25c brown / 200x $5 yellow
= future limit set @ $80 .... 1000x 25c brown / 200x $5 yellow

~OR~

Option B (revised plan):
+ find and add 200x $5 red unaltered (~$100)
+ in future add 100x browns relabeled to 25c (~$80)
+ in future add 200x $1 blue unaltered (~$100)
> in future relabel 100x yellows to 5c ($30)
- sell or trade 100x yellows (~$40 back)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
= nearly immediate limit set @ $100 .... 900x 25c brown / 200x $5 red
= future limit set @ $180 .... 1000x 25c brown / 200x $5 red
= future no limit set @ $270 .... 100x 5c yellow / 200x+ 25c brown / 200x $1 blue / 200x $5 red

Factors favoring Option A:
> easier/quicker/cheaper/ready to go
> The $5 labels won't go to waste (can't imagine much demand for them)
> I have red felt so the brown/yellow contrasts nicely against the table
> I love me some yellow $5s
> I have three other no limit sets ready or nearly ready to play
> yellow to brown progression of 5c to 25c in Option B no limit set "feels" backwards
> 1200 chip storage solution is ready to go
> 1500 chip set does not play well with my preferred pelican and/or birdcage storage

Factors favoring Option B:
> brown and reds have better contrast with each other than brown and yellow, for the limit set
> MOAR CHIPES!
> flexibility is pretty cool

"What to do ..... ?"
210306-Cute-Cat.png

Last edited:
I'd go with option C.

100 x 5c red
1000 x 25c brown
200 x $1 blue
200 x $5 yellow

1500 chips, works great as a dual-purpose limit set and micro-stakes set. Can even spread 25c/50c or 50c/$1 NL if desired. Even works as a single-table T.05-base or two-table T.25-base tourney set.

But it all starts with those relabeled yellow fives. :) I'll let you work out the math.

Option A
except
future no limit set ..... 100x 5c red/ 1000x 25c brown / 200x $5 yellow

I know I skipped the $1 but the bank is the same. Limit or no limit, I would call it the "chocolate chip game"

If the red 5c tilts you, keep an eye out for Bud Jones S2 with the same mold but different color

Awesome ideas @BGinGA & @gpc! I need to sleep on the idea of a red 5c, but this definitely gives me the confidence to go ahead with my yellow $5's. Thanks!

Not a hijack at all, appreciate the correction & info. (y) :thumbsup: Edited the OP. Still learning about these BJs .... err... the chips that is.

Thanks for the heads up ... I'm set on yellows for now, but will certainly hit you up if I get the urge to expand them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom