Help me pick my band name! (2 Viewers)

What's your favorite name for my band? (Pick 2)

• The Beakertwang Family Band

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Thiccer Than Water

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • 3ven (pronounced Threeven)

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Gene Pool and the Shallow End

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • The Someday Babies

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • The Honey-Do's

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Eff Da Popo

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Other (share your idea below)

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
My favorite, available, band name is

‘The Bi-Polar Bears’

I was also born in Fairfield and will be in Keosauqua in a couple months.

My favorite, available, band name is

‘The Bi-Polar Bears’

I was also born in Fairfield and will be in Keosauqua in a couple months.
Nice! I used to live in Ottumwa. Sold a lot of paint to the college in Fairfield.

Yup! 10:30a-7p, M-Sat

They built up all around it but the Canteen never sold out! Best loose meat Canteen burgers and malts...
Amazing!
1621820565834.png

According to Facebook it's the colour of your shirt + last thing you ate.

For example my band would be The Black Cookies.

According to Facebook it's the colour of your shirt + last thing you ate.

For example my band would be The Black Cookies.
Hard to argue with Facebook science!

Gig is Saturday. The songs are (mostly) coming together nicely!

In all seriousness hope it goes well and you all have a great time.

Pretty sure my sister got some pics and video, so I’m hoping I’ll have some stuff to post. Here’s our view from the stage. :)
09CB71C8-6BF4-4448-A93D-696F5C2D1183.jpeg

We have fewer pics and videos than I had hoped. But this is what we looked like. :D
1623006646001.jpeg

This is the only video my sister sent me so far. The crowd actually called for an encore. (Actually, just my brother-in-law, but we’ll take it.) The only song we had left in our repertoire was “500 Miles”, which my son, the drummer, vetoed on account of his hating the song. So we agreed to do it, and my nephew Jack, the graduate, asked to sit in on this one. He’s attending college to play football, and plans to major either in business or pre-med, so suffice it to say, he didn’t spend much time in the music room. What he lacks in talent, he makes up for in enthusiasm! :p

Last edited:
To me, 3ven just doesn't have that flow that you want from a band name. Hard to say and hard to even decide how to try and pronounce it when you're reading it. You even had to tell us in the poll how to pronounce it.

OTOH, Gene Pool and the Shallow End is fun, campy, nerdy and to me, everything it sounds like you want your band to be. I'm not really getting the in-breeding reference. Never would have thought that if you hadn't pointed it out. The shallow end of the gene pool to me is just funny and self deprecating. Assuming that you are "Gene" and that you are the leader of the band, it just works.

To me, it's a no brainer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom