Help me mock up a new t500 (1 Viewer)

Perthmike

Straight Flush
Reaction score
I'm over the moon with this set, especially with the look and feel of plain mold, which was a risk because I'd never seen one in person, but it paid off and I have to say it's my favourite feeling CPC mold by far.

Based on the mockups, I think I expected the t5000 to be my favourite, or maybe the t500. Now that they are finished those two are my least favourite chips and I actually like the t25 and t100 the most.

The PCA $500 copy was an accident btw, as I'd painted myself into a corner and those were the colours I had left.

The t5000 is cool, but I guess @RocAFella1 was right all along about a certain CPC colour . I happen to agree that it's the weakest colour, but I wasnt too stoked about a white t5000 either. I like it enough anyway, so it's all good.

Whilst the PCA $500 clone was not planned, the pny $500 was, as that chip is a long time favourite of mine. I don't love how it turned out though, as lavender and purple just don't show as much contrast as I'd hoped, and i have got another Motswari $5 chip on my hands.

I am considering redoing that chip so I thought it might be fun to open it up to suggestions and have people mockup some potential replacements. I've included one of the inlays for people to attach in the tool, so that it looks right. Have at it.
Screenshot_20200525_195804.jpg

IMG_20201014_185752.jpg
IMG_20201014_185741.jpg

Screenshot_20200418_184222.jpg

Fantastic set indeed, Mike!

I for one, however, really like how the T500 turned out out especially in the context on the whole set. Yes, contrast could have been a bit better but imo it is still a very, very nice chip.

Fantastic set indeed, Mike!

I for one, however, really like how the T500 turned out out especially in the context on the whole set. Yes, contrast could have been a bit better but imo it is still a very, very nice chip.
Thanks Paulo. I still like it, I just don't love it. So I'm considering some other options in case I do decide to do a secondary 500.

Some options
Screenshot_20201014_195354.jpg

Screenshot_20201014_195118.jpg
Screenshot_20201014_195047.jpg
Screenshot_20201014_195003.jpg
Screenshot_20201014_194938.jpg

Absolutely love the edge spot progression Mike, also I think your tilting issue on the 5k is like everyone else that CPC doesn't make the correct yellow. Not much you can do with that one, and U really like the chip. On the T500 I wouldn't change the pattern just the color, l like the Lavendar so for me it would be gray with the small yellow Stripe.

I know to each their own but not a huge fan of adding white chips to the line up and it seems like not only do the get filthy super fast but even the color transfer from the edge spots of the next chip also have a tendency to run slightly into the white also making them look dirty and difficult to remove. Again everyone has their opinion but I would stick with the traditional purple chip in this position and make more contrast in the chip itself!

Beautiful set brother! Looking forward to full set pron when this is finished!

Ben

I'm with Paulo, I really like it as is. If I was having a secondary chip, I would move away from the same/similar base color so it's a different feel.

I'm with Frog on Perthmike's #3 with yellow insert. I think it works with the hundo and 1k, and I think it still needs one shared color with the set, yellow making the most sense.

1602681860505.png

Also, my sample got lost in the mail, please send a second!

I like @DEEMANZINI suggestion.

If you wanna maintain a Lavender base, Mike, I think using Retro Blue instead of Purple might help you with the contrast. RB happens to be one of my favorite CPC color, so there's that, LOL!

The Bright White spot in the middle also brightens the chips up and introduces a color (or lack of one technically) which would also help with the chip contrast and contrast between chips.

Now, is that enough to get to the level of contrast and aesthetics you want? Not sure.

Other than that, plenty of great looking alternatives above, mate.

Thanks Paulo. I still like it, I just don't love it. So I'm considering some other options in case I do decide to do a secondary 500.

Some options
View attachment 552268
View attachment 552269View attachment 552270View attachment 552271View attachment 552272

Man, I love this chipset, such a great way to celebrate the birth of your daughter. Personally, I like the T500s from #2 and #5 out of these options, with preference to the white based chip. The T1000 is pure fire.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom