Help me identify (1 Viewer)

RackCity

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey all. Bought some chip carriers at a yard sale. Some cheap crummy chips were included. These chips below were also mixed in throughout. I have no idea what they are or if they hold any value but they seem old. I’d say the texture is a mix of paper like or wood like. Unfortunately some got mixed in with the plastic chips that went into the dishwasher and they more or less disintegrated. Thanks for the help!
FA1648A0-7248-44AD-BA59-853A97976A64.jpeg

That white one in the bottom left looks like a paper (hard pressed cardboard) chip. If there were others like it, I’m not surprised they would disintegrate in the dishwasher.

That white one in the bottom left looks like a paper (hard pressed cardboard) chip. If there were others like it, I’m not surprised they would disintegrate in the dishwasher.
There were only a couple that still had that type of design. But based on your description that seems like it’s exactly what they are. Thanks guys.

This one is definitely paper / cardboard:

1655904123770.png

The others look like they have the kind of grain you'd see on wood products. This one in particular has the sort of wear marks and scratches that I'd expect on a piece of wood, rather than plastic:

1655904215690.png

All of them are old but none of them have any value to collectors. You can find chips like these on eBay for very low prices. If you find them interesting, by all means hang onto them, but if not then just toss them with no regrets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom