Help me ID these cards and find my forever cards (1 Viewer)

You can also pick up new Kem single deck slider cases on eBay for $1/case in bulk, or $2/case in smaller lots.

s-l500.jpg

Yes, I just bought several of these for random decks I have. The issue I have with them is that the lids don't lock at all ..... and obviously they only hold one deck.

Whatever you do, don't buy these. https://spinettisgaming.com/products/playing-card-clear-case They are flimsy and don't internally secure the top of the deck. Horrible design.

Last edited:
For the truly budget minded, I've used cardboard tuck boxes from MPC.

50¢ each (minimum of 1) or less if someone wanted to orchestrate a group buy. Not as pretty, but they fit in a birdcage, and hold your cards together. What more do you really need?

My thoughts exactly, I find it odd that there is no mention of them on Bicycle's site, and you can't purchase them from Bicycle either. Maybe they were made by a third party?

I wouldn't read too much into them not appearing on the US website, as they only list the cards available for the North American market. For example, they have poker size jumbo with red/blue backs in Europe, but they are not listed on the US site, either (they are on the Spanish Fournier site).

The burgundy/green Prestige first appeared in 2013, and started to disappear in 2015/2016. Maybe they were a limited run. Either that, or they didn't sell as well as they hoped and they dropped the line.

For anyone interested in poker/jumbo or bridge/standard, you can check
http://www.playingcardsandmore.com/bicycleprestige.aspx

Last edited:
Forever cards...good luck with that. I’ve tested/played quite a few so far. None are perfect. Prestiges were nice, till one corner bent last week. If Bycycle replaces it, back into rotation the deck will go. It happens.

Piatnik, KEMs, Da Vinci, Modiano, Desjgn, Fournier, Gameco, Guild, COPAG, probably other’s I can’t recall. I have em all, like most of them, for different reasons. I haven’t even tried the Desjgn set yet, because my players are already tilted trying so many different cards.

Some require more of a break in, so not as slippery over time.

Some have good thickness, but don’t slide as well.

Some slide well, but don’t shuffle well.

Some slide and shuffle well, but reds don’t pop as well.

Some have the yellow shaded area in the center and not all players like it.

Blah, blah, blah.

And, if I ever do find a“forever set”, I’d have to buy a shed to store them, because 10 minutes after I select the perfect set, the company will close, or move manufacturing, change materials, no longer import, raise their price, and on and on.

Sorry, this isn’t my first hobby, so I’m not falling into the forever set journey. Well...not falling further anyway.

You can also pick up new Kem single deck slider cases on eBay for $1/case in bulk, or $2/case in smaller lots.

s-l500.jpg
A little late to the party here, but this is exactly what I have been looking for. Picked up a set of “Six Card Charlie’s Gambling Hall” without deck sleeves and this will do the trick. Thank you!

A little late to the party here, but this is exactly what I have been looking for. Picked up a set of “Six Card Charlie’s Gambling Hall” without deck sleeves and this will do the trick. Thank you!
I have a bunch of extras, if you have problems finding a current seller on eBay.

@BGinGA

If you have some extra, that would be awesome. I only found one on etsy, and I was hoping to get my hands on two sleeves. I'll send you a PM.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom