Help me ID these cards and find my forever cards (1 Viewer)

Mac128k

Flush
Reaction score
I'm pretty card ignorant but I'd like to find what I like and focus on getting setups.

I'm in the minority but I like poker sized cards but would like to have bridge on hand for when the occasion calls for it.
I've been going through the tons of random decks I've acquired over the years and found this single bridge deck I like.
Says they are Bicycle but a search for the number on the ace (608243) turned up nothing. The joker has '86' on it. Does that mean 1986? No web info on the cards so 1986 might fit.

For my poker sized cards I think I've narrowed it down to Fournier and Modiano that I like the feel of best. Going to be a fun hunt :)

Thank for checking these out and any help you can offer.

IMG_0255.JPG

IMG_0256.JPG

I may have an extra set up of the Prestige if you need some. For Poker size Jumbo I switched to Piatnik which replaced my Modiano PA as my favorites!

I'm pretty card ignorant but I'd like to find what I like and focus on getting setups.

I'm in the minority but I like poker sized cards but would like to have bridge on hand for when the occasion calls for it.
I've been going through the tons of random decks I've acquired over the years and found this single bridge deck I like.
Says they are Bicycle but a search for the number on the ace (608243) turned up nothing. The joker has '86' on it. Does that mean 1986? No web info on the cards so 1986 might fit.

For my poker sized cards I think I've narrowed it down to Fournier and Modiano that I like the feel of best. Going to be a fun hunt :)

Thank for checking these out and any help you can offer.

View attachment 134990
View attachment 134991
I'm with you on the poker size cards. Bridge just feels too tiny to me.

Bicycle Prestige

Still available and loved by many forum members.

I've used Prestige for years and had no idea they came in a bridge size! Makes this an easy pickup for me. Thanks :)

I may have an extra set up of the Prestige if you need some. For Poker size Jumbo I switched to Piatnik which replaced my Modiano PA as my favorites!
I have some Piatnik. They were in the running but I think I prefer the Fournier or Modiano. Although, finding the Fournier that I want doesn't appear to be easy or cheap. I read on here that the Prestige are actually Fournier. If true, makes sense why I like them.

There will be a garage sale once I figure it all out. :)

The joker has '86' on it. Does that mean 1986? No web info on the cards so 1986 might fit.

I could be off but think the regular index the joker has 85 (maybe 87 don’t feel like going downstairs to confirm).

I read on here that the Prestige are actually Fournier. If true, makes sense why I like them.

The original poker sized Presitges are made by Fournier but they feel different than the 2 Fournier set ups I’ve tried. The Prestiges are thicker, stiffer, and are more slippery IMO. I’ve never tried the Prestige bridge sized so I can’t comment on whether they’re Fournier or not.

Which Fournier are you looking for?
I think the 2800. I have a deck of 2818 Poker Vision that I love but I'm looking for that without the Poker Vision basically.
Like I said, I'm just getting started on figuring cards out. I know I don't prefer Kem or Copag but I haven't tried everything...yet :)

I've never found the Prestige bridge/jumbo cards at Walgreens, only the poker size. Can occasionally find great deals on Amazon, although usually without cases.

From horse's mouth:

"THE BICYCLE TEAM
October 30, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Hello ________, We offer Hoyle Plastic coated cards in bridge size and all of our Kem playing cards come in a bridge size (Kem narrow ) which are made of plastic. However we do not have bridge version in our plastic, Bicycle Prestige brand playing cards. Thanks for your question. Best, The Bicycle Team"

Which is too bad because I love the Prestige

From horse's mouth:

"THE BICYCLE TEAM
October 30, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Hello ________, We offer Hoyle Plastic coated cards in bridge size and all of our Kem playing cards come in a bridge size (Kem narrow ) which are made of plastic. However we do not have bridge version in our plastic, Bicycle Prestige brand playing cards. Thanks for your question. Best, The Bicycle Team"

Which is too bad because I love the Prestige

Interesting link. They must have discontinued the Bicycle bridge-size plastic cards, because I (and many others here) have quite a few setups of them.

Too bad too, because they are among my favorites.

I think the person responding to questions on the web site is just clueless. They also posted that the Prestige cards have blue backs (like the red back cards don't exist, either).

I have no connection to these eBay sellers but here's a couple that turned up with a simple search. I personally don't like these cards but lots of people do.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bicycle-Prestige-Plastic-Bridge-2-set-Playing-Cards-jumbo-index-NEW-No-Outer-Box/182006145559
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bicycle-Pr...rds-Jumbo-index-New-Cellowrapped/172077846419

+1. I ordered them once for our game and no one liked them. The fact that they didn’t come in a case, no cut card, and plastic wrapper on one was already open, sealed it for me. On the other hand, I have never had a complaint from players/dealers nor an issue with Da Vinci Jumbo Bridge size cards.

Looks like they are only available on the secondary market....
I will definitely have to purchase a couple decks before they go extinct, too bad none of the ones I have seen come with the box

I will definitely have to purchase a couple decks before they go extinct, too bad none of the ones I have seen come with the box
I use Kem cases that can often be found on eBay. I was able to find caseless bridge Prestige on eBay as well.

Last edited:
Not sure why you’d say that. The jumbo bridge are still available on Amazon, although they’re a few bucks more than they used to be, still a bargain at $10 per setup.

Not sure why you’d say that. The jumbo bridge are still available on Amazon, although they’re a few bucks more than they used to be, still a bargain at $10 per setup.

Would you send me a link? I scoured Amazon and only saw the regular size cards

I said that because so far I have yet to see the bridge size cards offered through the normal retail channels ie; Bicycle cards website, Walgreens, Walmart, etc

I said that because so far I have yet to see the bridge size cards offered through the normal retail channels ie; Bicycle cards website, Walgreens, Walmart, etc
Scroll up. Justsomedude posted the like in 11/18. It’s still good.

They are also on Amazon.ca. Not cheap, though (nothing on Amazon Canada is).

https://www.amazon.ca/Bicycle-Prestige-Playing-Cards-Pack/dp/B00BXX95UO?th=1&psc=1

Actually, much better prices on Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/Bicycle-Prestige-Playing-Cards-Narrow/dp/B00BXX95UO/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1514921219&sr=8-7&keywords=bicycle+prestige+playing+cards&th=1&psc=1

I haven't bought any of these in bridge size, so I can't comment on the quality of them.

When I use the second link above, I can choose from either narrow (bridge) jumbo index or wide (poker) jumbo.

You can get the cases here
http://www.kemcards.net/kem-card-stroage/us-storage-box-narrow-size

I used these exact cards with the standard index for years as an alternative to Copag and Kem. The bridge jumbo index were ~$9 on Amazon without a case and I bought a set. Plus $5 for a case and they are a good deal. I just used an old Copag case from cards that I threw out due to the ink bleeding.

Read the recent reviews. This is not Amazon direct. At one time you could choose standard index bridge as well. They sent jumbo but when I complained they sent standard index with a box. They fixed it but a shady company.

My thoughts exactly, I find it odd that there is no mention of them on Bicycle's site, and you can't purchase them from Bicycle either. Maybe they were made by a third party?

You can get the cases here
http://www.kemcards.net/kem-card-stroage/us-storage-box-narrow-size

I used these exact cards with the standard index for years as an alternative to Copag and Kem. The bridge jumbo index were ~$9 on Amazon without a case and I bought a set. Plus $5 for a case and they are a good deal. I just used an old Copag case from cards that I threw out due to the ink bleeding.
You can also pick up new Kem single deck slider cases on eBay for $1/case in bulk, or $2/case in smaller lots.

s-l500.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom