Help Me Design - Windy City Bar and Poker Room - $2 and $20 Chip (2 Viewers)

Looking great Brett... Just a little heads-up, DG Saturn has a green tint to it, not sure if that's what you're looking for... Your best bet is either Canary or DG Yellow... Both Yellow, Light Chocolate or Arc Yellow could give you a nice contrast...

LOVE the direction you're going man...

I'm not sure that Saturn is going to fit what you're looking for very well - it is quite bright with a greenish tint.

I think regular yellow w/butterscotch is probably the best fit available:

312.png

I'm not sure that Saturn is going to fit what you're looking for very well - it is quite bright with a greenish tint.

I think regular yellow w/butterscotch is probably the best fit available:

View attachment 16213

I put my samples up against that 312 sign I posted and of all of them, dayglow yellow is the closest.

There's also a cost concern. I really want to get 10 racks of these, and keeping us around a level 1 or level 2 spot is ideal.

Attachments

• $2 312318.png
    $2 312318.png
    107.8 KB · Views: 127
There's also a cost concern. I really want to get 10 racks of these, and keeping us around a level 1 or level 2 spot is ideal.

i feel you on the cost and on the 10 racks, but damn that 312318 is pretty much the perfect chip for these color combos and you get to use the 312...

What will you regret more while you're setting up for a game a couple of years down the road -- spending more money than you wanted to, or not getting the chips you really wanted?

In decision theory, this is an example of the theory of regret aversion or anticipated regret. I learned and applied it in connection with finance. Come to think of it, it can work in poker, too.

What will you regret more while you're setting up for a game a couple of years down the road -- spending more money than you wanted to, or not getting the chips you really wanted?

In decision theory, this is an example of the theory of regret aversion or anticipated regret. I learned and applied it in connection with finance. Come to think of it, it can work in poker, too.
I actually don't mind the simple spots, tbh. All my other chips are busy. Simple is nice.

I know what my answer here would be...

I know what my answer here would be...
Well this is obviously a shameless build-up plug for Suckout in the Southwest, where ten racks of $2s at a 6/12 full kill w/overs game would be the main table... [emoji6]

If this gets going I would consider coming down for just that.

I actually don't mind the simple spots, tbh. All my other chips are busy. Simple is nice.
If you like the simple chip, then buy what you like...but "I don't mind them" is hardly a ringing endorsement.

I regret not spending the extra .70 on the more expensive spot on my $1 chip when I had them made. I thought, meh, the extra little white spot isn't worth that! Now I'm actually thinking of spending the level 6 price per chip to replace them.

Think long and hard about this decision.

If you like the simple chip, then buy what you like...but "I don't mind them" is hardly a ringing endorsement.

I regret not spending the extra .70 on the more expensive spot on my $1 chip when I had them made. I thought, meh, the extra little white spot isn't worth that! Now I'm actually thinking of spending the level 6 price per chip to replace them.

Think long and hard about this decision.

Well that's a very good and noted point.

I still am torn on what I like the most. I really am not sold on having any black on the chip... this is going to take many weeks to settle on.

Attachments

• $2-3.png
    $2-3.png
    260.2 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Stick with real Yellow as the base, and then black as the edge spot color. Black works best with Yellow (ask CPC), and reflects the colors of that sign best, from what I can see.

Look at it this way. There is no such thing as a cheap CPC order. So if what you want is less then no problem. But if not make sure to get it right the first time.

Nothing wrong with chewing on it a couple of weeks if you need to let it sink in what you like.

FWIW I am a fan of the qpie4A14

Reactions: BNM
The fifth chip above is growing on me. It's like 2v12 but with more yellow, and I use 2v12 on my $1s, so I like the idea of the qpie4A14.

I'll just need to bink a tourney to spend $3300 on 10 racks of these :(

The fifth chip above is growing on me. It's like 2v12 but with more yellow, and I use 2v12 on my $1s, so I like the idea of the qpie4A14.

I'll just need to bink a tourney to spend $3300 on 10 racks of these :(
You still have two kidneys right?

Get both, five racks of each. Close enough to play together when needed, or separately when not.

Well that's a very good and noted point.

I still am torn on what I like the most. I really am not sold on having any black on the chip... this is going to take many weeks to settle on.

I am not crazy about the saturn, but that 5th chip is solid. I also think the 1st and 3rd chip designs are great but I would use yellow as the base and the brighter saturn as the accent/edge-spot color.

Either way, great idea to add on to a great set - these are truly some of my favorite CPC customs (particularly Dah Bears 25¢) and the $20 is great, so looking forward to seeing what you go with for the $2.

Last edited:
While I'm deciding, more $20 pr0n.
uploadfromtaptalk1440338562019.jpg

The fifth chip is really starting to grow on me.

Alright, some samples against the beer:

I believe that's dayglow yellow, canary, yellow, and butterscotch from left to right.

Dayglow

Canary

Yellow

Butterscotch

Just a yellow chip? That was my initial thought, and after putting it up against the beer... the black can come from the inlay (black coulds/sears tower instead of grey).

Attachments

• $2-4.png
    $2-4.png
    580.8 KB · Views: 141
Just a yellow chip? That was my initial thought, and after putting it up against the beer... the black can come from the inlay (black coulds/sears tower instead of grey).
No I'm in favor of the qpie4A14. I just think the yellow base is the color to go with

I can't go pass the yellow 312 black spots.

I know you didn't want a 3 spot combo but it's the perfect fit IMO.

Then get a rack or two of 312318 commemoratives yellow with black and dayglo yellow (or bright white 318 spots for "froth")

The Windy City set turned out great. The colors on the CPC website are so much more vivid when you see good pics. Excellent color palette choices too.

I started my own version of a USMA set mock-up...which led me to this site, and my avatar pic...and finally decided you can only have so much black, grey, gold, and white in one set. If you keep going with yours I think you should name the chips after cadet uniforms. Man in the Red Sash, White Over Grey, Full Dress...

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom