Help me decide on a T5000 Chip for a CDI '98 Tournament Set (1 Viewer)

JMC9389

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
This is something I'm going to work on later this year, but in the mean time, I want to do some research on what might fit the bill. Price really won't be an issue, as I'm only going to need a barrel of them.

I have the following as a cash set right now, plus some extras here and there:

240 $25 (quarters)
210 $1
200 $5

I am only going to make a STT tournament set with the following breakdown:

120 $25
120 $100
60 $500
100 $1000
20 $5000

I have the $25 chips already, so I'd just need to purchase 300 of the tournament chips. The T1000's are going to be impossible to find, likely going to buy the same chip (FLV $1000 or other) and murder them. Question is, which 39mm THC chip fits best with the set?

I'm leaning towards an orange chip of some kind. Maybe black would work too, as the T100 is a charcoal base.

Photos for reference (courtesy of @bullets )
20171014_140920-1.jpg

20171014_141238.jpg

Appreciate any and all suggestions!

Is the cash $.25 the same as the tourney T25? Are the tourney chips going to be shaped inlay or round? If they are to be shaped, run the colour choices by @Gear to see which ones can be matched best.

Orange/black T5000 could be confused with T1000 or T100 respectively. Why not blue or pink for the 5K?

I can probably hook you up with some FLV $1000’s. I’m also interested in a tourney $5k. Currently I have a barrel of VLV $1’s (White) with Gear labels but I’d like something different. Maybe a CDM $50 or $200.

Is the cash $.25 the same as the tourney T25? Are the tourney chips going to be shaped inlay or round? If they are to be shaped, run the colour choices by @Gear to see which ones can be matched best.

Orange/black T5000 could be confused with T1000 or T100 respectively. Why not blue or pink for the 5K?
Yes, though the cash and tournament sets will not be in play at the same time, ever. I have all round inlaid cash chips.

I like @BSteck 's suggestion of a white T5000 chip. Even though I'm not going to have the cash and tourney chips in play at the same time, I don't want to repeat colors if I can help it.

I can probably hook you up with some FLV $1000’s. I’m also interested in a tourney $5k. Currently I have a barrel of VLV $1’s (White) with Gear labels but I’d like something different. Maybe a CDM $50 or $200.
I don't want to take from what you have, only if they are going to be an excess to your means. We can chat via PM.

The BTP $100 would be a very strong contender if it wasn't 43mm

The light blue Riffle Stein chips actually would look bad ass, but I think a lot of them are too worn to go along with my near mint to mint CDI's...

Seeing yours is where I got the idea. Any leads on who might have some before I post a wanted ad?
I would only need a barrel for my purposes. If you'd like we can combine want ads.

Sure, I’m thinking 40 for me. You have first dibs to though if any are available s
No worries, no rush from my end. If you're looking for 40 and if the seller has 60, I'll buy 20.

I have these HS Gardena $10 that are same color and spots as CDI T1000.

And how about these white HSG $100 as T5k...keeps with 3 spot pattern. PM me if interested.
IMG_20200602_171835369.jpg

Hey Herman, I’m currently using a barrel of those same whites as my $5000 chip but I’m not sure if I like it. If I can’t find a better option I may take you up on the offer. I’m ok at the moment on labeled $1000’s but I would love that other barrel of CDI $1000’s if you still have them and would be willing to sell. Unfortunately I don’t have anymore of your signature chips at the moment. Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom