HELP - Looking for fun ideas (1 Viewer)

Paulo

Flush
Reaction score
Currently have (9) of these Red Paulson RHC mold sample chips and looking for some fun ideas to use during my home cash games.

I already own Bounty Chips for Tourney play; I would love to just get some ideas on what else I could use them for in a cash game setting. Open to any suggestions, was thinking of having Gear complete the designs but just can’t figure out what to do.

Some examples: Time Extension, Show Em, Rabbit Hunt, Swap etc

Looking for some ideas and advice.

Attachments

• F7625369-B6A5-44A7-8E4F-CB2864D9E67F.jpeg
    F7625369-B6A5-44A7-8E4F-CB2864D9E67F.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 88
Double Board, Bomb Pot, Dealer's Choice, Kill (increase blinds for one hand)

Explain how...
Every player would get 1 chip to use only once at any time throughout the night. Before a hand is dealt, any player can toss in their one time chip and declare a bomb pot. All players would then have to ante 4 or 5 times the big blind (for example: in a 0.25/0.50 game all players would ante $2). Then the hand is dealt and you skip the preflop betting and move directly to the flop, making it a large family pot. Then betting resumes as normal. However, if a player uses their chip to declare a bomb pot, any other player could use theirs also and declare it a double. Now the ante would be $4 from the above example. But you would then deal out 2 flops, turns and rivers creating a split pot where each player at the end of the hand could win either the top or bottom board for half the pot, or win both boards outright for the full pot.

use a few for rocks.....if u don’t know what a rock is, it’s a free straddle (predetermined amount). Many times we play with 2 rocks. If u have the rock u must use it when it’s ur turn to straddle. If u miss ur turn the rock is dumped into the next pot or given to the person in the next straddle position (It’s called sleeping the rock). A person can’t have 2 rocks at the same time (So we all have rock buddies).

I don't know if this will work, but how about a "poll the audience" chip so said player can ask others at the table what they would do?

I remember on the top pair home game podcast they used to talk a lot about "show me" chips. Every player gets one and when they play it the person has to show their hand.

I really like this concept. How about a chip for Bad Beat? The group can gift this chip to the player with the most (or the worst) bad beat of the night which is redeemable for a prize (or a cut of the pot).

We also sometimes play games with a non-player hand (we call this The Old Man) and the object is to beat that hand to either qualify or win. I could see a chip being made to designate such a hand.

Thanks for bringing this topic up. You're giving me some ideas on what I want to create for my set!

I remember on the top pair home game podcast they used to talk a lot about "show me" chips. Every player gets one and when they play it the person has to show their hand.
My cheapo game has used those for years. The person that shows then gets to keep that Show'em chip. It's not a serious game, so using those is ok. I wouldn't break them out in a regular stakes game without everyone agreeing to it (which won't happen LOL)
barb_SM_final2.jpgorleans_SM_final2.jpggoldcoast_SM_final2.jpg <--- these are the labels for the house mold chips used

I really like this concept. How about a chip for Bad Beat? The group can gift this chip to the player with the most (or the worst) bad beat of the night which is redeemable for a prize (or a cut of the pot).

We also sometimes play games with a non-player hand (we call this The Old Man) and the object is to beat that hand to either qualify or win. I could see a chip being made to designate such a hand.

Thanks for bringing this topic up. You're giving me some ideas on what I want to create for my set!
Love this idea of “The Old Man” hand. Definitely using this one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom