Help identifying these chips (Photos inside) (1 Viewer)

Silverprop

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi there,
i stumbled upon these chips and i was wondering if someone could give me insights as to what material they are made of and where they come from. They look sort of cheap but also look like clay chips. Needless to say im very intrigued. Specially because they where on sale for roughly $40.
I may be mistaken but the white labels look like Vinyl stickers...(?)

1584884385041.png
1584884404873.png

1584884424204.png
1584884434301.png

1584884449345.png

Paranoid chips are roughly a hundred years old, plus or minus 20. Old doesn't mean valuable. Ten cents a chip maybe as much as a quarter. They were made in great quantity for the time in history when they were produced.

There are fakes out there. Very hard to identify from photos. Not only do they fake the chips, but also the boxes. I have attached a photo with fake chips and vintage chips. The difference is obvious side by side. Vintage chips on the right.

This is a "good deal" for $40. "good deal" means you like the chips and would use them. Reselling them might be difficult to impossible. I have several thousand of these chips and keep an eye out for more, but I only want chips that match my sets. Color variation is not that important but the actual chip needs to match.

I collect "lucky star" or "double star" and a few others. Most of the rest aren't of much interest to me. If you can't find that one guy who wants the specific chip you have, it isn't going to sell.

Bottom line - buy them if you love them. Otherwise let 'em go -=- DrStrange

A big thanks you to both of you @DrStrange @AK Chip for taking the time to answer.
I will see if i like them or modify them once they arrive ...i guess i can throw the pegasus ones away, since im not interested in Plastic Chips.

i guess i can throw the pegasus ones away, since im not interested in Plastic Chips.
You'd be surprised. As far as plastic chips go - they're pretty nice. In the world of plastic chips, these are (in my mind) the nuts as far as bang for your buck goes.

You'd be surprised. As far as plastic chips go - they're pretty nice. In the world of plastic chips, these are (in my mind) the nuts as far as bang for your buck goes.
Honestly, i know nothing about Chips, as my journey is just starting. I`m looking forward to be surprised along the way. If I like how they feel I`m for sure keeping them. If not i just give them away for free.

definitely Chipco unicorns
Like these? http://www.homepokerchips.co.uk/unicorn.htm

Edit: It does say that they are clay chips on that website. So not Cheap Plastic then?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom