Help identifying chips (1 Viewer)

rkbowlathon

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello, all. New to site. Long time player and own of cheaper chip sets. Recently acquired these chips but am not certain if they are cpc classic poker chips. I was told they were. 10gram weight, hot stamped with denominations on one side and horseshoe logo on the other. They seem like real clay chips. $5 chips have some wear but the $2.50, and $100 seem almost new. They seem similar to the stock hotstamp chip on there website, but maybe an older mold. Any thoughts or confirmations that these are CPCs?
20190919_165903.jpg
20190919_165903.jpg20190919_170002.jpg20190919_165853.jpg

Those are on the tri club mold. I would have to do some research to find out its status, but that is not a current CPC mold, although they certainly produced these back when they were Burt.

Thanks for the info FDL. Any estimate of the chips value. They dont have the inlays or the colors of many custom chips on the market but they seem to be in decent quality/condition.

Yes, Tri-Clubs. They are a nice mold. And those chips are in great condition. However, not worth a ton. I'd say 35 to 50 cents apiece on the top end. And yes they are real clay, or at least for how we refer to compression clays.

Very cool! Just the one box?

And welcome!

Well that makes feel good about getting them. I took a gamble and got a lot of 2100 chips.
200 x $1.00
200 x $2.50
200 × $100.00
450 x $25.00
1000 x $5.00

I wanted a set for cash games or limit hold'em. I dont need that many chips, and my games don't see $100 chips yet!

Yes, was around $500. I really didn't need that many and was thinking of spliting set. My games never have used more than 300 chips at a time (6 man table, 1,2 no limit or pot limit). Seems like a lot $5.00 chips relative to other amounts. Is there a rule of thumb for denominations within a set?

Yes, was around $500. I really didn't need that many and was thinking of spliting set. My games never have used more than 300 chips at a time (6 man table, 1,2 no limit or pot limit). Seems like a lot $5.00 chips relative to other amounts. Is there a rule of thumb for denominations within a set?

Just depends what stakes you play and what your total bank needs are at any given time. At $500 I would call that a decent score, considering they are very useful as is and a pretty darn good breakdown that can cover a large variety of stakes. Just no fracs for the small stakes.

Thanks, I think I'll have to keep a look out for some hot stamped .25 or .50 chips to round this set out. Is the best way to do that to post a wanted in the classifieds?

Thanks, I think I'll have to keep a look out for some hot stamped .25 or .50 chips to round this set out. Is the best way to do that to post a wanted in the classifieds?

You certainly can try, although I don't think you'll find any. Tri-Club doesn't come up that often because they are vintage. To find one that's already hot stamped with a frac denom that you need that's in a colour that you need is testing the limits of probability. You will probably have to consider using something non-denominated in a complementary colour or consider a scraping/milling project. I hear that @AK Chip has got his newly acquired hot stamper up and running if you can get a die-maker to manufacture the stamp that you need....

ive seen these for sale on eBay for a long time, theres more of these out there, a guy was selling them for a lot more on eBay, he had two lots each with 1000+ pieces, i think i saw them there still the other day. cool chips, real clay, you now are a proud owner of so cool old clay chips =)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom