Help identify these chips? (1 Viewer)

Rip1125

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Took a chance and purchased this knowing that they were likely either cheap plastics or china clays. I’m certainly no expert on these things so looking for expertise from the forum. They handle like china clays, and much to my surprise the labels were laminated as well. Pics attached.

(Mods - please move if I’ve posted in the wrong section wasn’t sure where this belongs?)

Attachments

• C4707A4A-0FF3-4AEC-887C-9ADB30757C24.jpeg
    C4707A4A-0FF3-4AEC-887C-9ADB30757C24.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 62C21542-3B7D-4662-8183-408221A5A903.jpeg
    62C21542-3B7D-4662-8183-408221A5A903.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 202
  • 6A009623-E205-48F5-9F92-8312ECF900CA.jpeg
    6A009623-E205-48F5-9F92-8312ECF900CA.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 198
Thanks everyone! I honestly wasn’t expecting much given the price and the colors were pretty nice. Thought if they were half decent I could mess around with them for a relabel project.

Took a chance and purchased this knowing that they were likely either cheap plastics or china clays. I’m certainly no expert on these things so looking for expertise from the forum. They handle like china clays, and much to my surprise the labels were laminated as well. Pics attached.

(Mods - please move if I’ve posted in the wrong section wasn’t sure where this belongs?)

Those are Nexgen Pro 9.5 gram ABS plastic chips. Here's an old post I found with info: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/100-lead-free-poker-chips.17065/

I have a small set of original Nexgens (12.5 gram slugged)...they're not bad, especially for the price. Have fun with the relabel project!

They're very nice inexpensive chips, IMO, with vibrant colors, and have different color spots for different chips, which are way better than dice chips. I had a friend who had a set of the Nexgen Pros for tournaments, and I always liked the look and feel of them, although they could be a little slippery when in stacks on the felt. Those Air Force chips have a spot pattern I don't recall seeing on other Nexgen Pros -- maybe the spot pattern was used for the armed services mold chips that were produced. Anyway, enjoy (hope you got them for a good price), and feel free to share more about the relabel project, if you do go forward with it.

They're very nice inexpensive chips, IMO, with vibrant colors, and have different color spots for different chips, which are way better than dice chips. I had a friend who had a set of the Nexgen Pros for tournaments, and I always liked the look and feel of them, although they could be a little slippery when in stacks on the felt. Those Air Force chips have a spot pattern I don't recall seeing on other Nexgen Pros -- maybe the spot pattern was used for the armed services mold chips that were produced. Anyway, enjoy (hope you got them for a good price), and feel free to share more about the relabel project, if you do go forward with it.
I think the 3d14 pattern was also used on the Desert Palms version of these chips. The Dunes version had a 4TA318 pattern?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom