Wanted Help and old foolish man fix a great mistake (Paulson Spotted Hot Stamps K) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeridianFC

Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@kaimat is having a great Labor Day sale which you should check out. In it he has what I believe are some of the hot stamped Paulsons I sold many years ago. I did this to finance the very first semi custom offering from ASM (old Chiptalk hands will remember this). At the time there was no way I could afford the new chips unless I sold the old. There’s a long and winding story of the purchase of the chips, half of which were purchased from some weird sketchy seller of gambling supplies in Las Vegas, the name of which escapes me now but I’m sure a few people here with know. I’m gonna have a great think and see if I can remember the name. I think he and 5 Star Deal were the only places you could really buy Paulson that I was aware of In the late 90s. The other half were purchased directly from the Paulson office/shop in Atlantic City. Yes you could walk right in and just say “I’d like to order 500 of these please and could you hot stamp it or can I give you some art and you could put an insert in it.”

In any case I had a little over 1000 chips and if I recall correctly it was 250 of each of the type you see below. I kept 5 of each. Our good friend above/below who is having the sale has mentioned that he bought it from somebody who was moving out of the country and thinks maybe some members here bought the other pieces of the collection. If I could reassemble what I used to own I would love to do that and wanted to see if anybody here might be holding onto some of these and willing to sell them.

As deeply nostalgic as I am it only makes sense for me to do this if I can assemble a workable set. Outside of cash money I don’t have much in the way of trade though I do have 500 Casablanca pieces plus some custom made plaques I would part with.

I can’t tell you how weird it is to see these chips here after I stupidly sold them what must be over 15 years ago.

83F1F84E-3275-4E45-9655-66F76AE61FE3.jpeg

I remember seeing pics of these because my last name starts with the same letter.

Good luck finding them! I know about sellers remorse.
I actually chose that stamp because it’s the initial of my first name. For several years I called my set up the “Big K Game”. I was young and stupid. Well younger and stupid.

having some idea of the sets you have owned I can only imagine what you regret selling. You were there back in CT days IIRC.

I actually chose that stamp because it’s the initial of my first name. For several years I called my set up the “Big K Game”. I was young and stupid. Well younger and stupid.

having some idea of the sets you have owned I can only imagine what you regret selling. You were there back in CT days IIRC.
I don’t know who your avatar is, but every time I see it, it makes me think of this guy:

It’s the ultra smooth visage of Koko Goldstein. If you don’t know the Internet glory that is “Yacht Rock”, do yourself a favor.

That’s an interesting idea. That said I have a hard time imagining there’s an exact set like to his and I only had a 1000 or so of which it seems like a couple of hundred are now accounted for. But still does not hurt to ask thanks for the suggestion

Got outmaneuvered on the other listing. Though to be fair it was far too much for my pocketbook in reality.

I have thanked @Windwalker for his unbelievably generous offer but it doesn’t make sense for me to take him up on it if I can’t assemble a working set. Still he’s one of the good guys.

I have had one or two people contact me about small pieces of this that they have so I still am interested and if I can make it work I’ll keep bumping this from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom