Help a Roo out!! (1 Viewer)

PokinRound

Reaction score
Hi guys, relatively new to playing poker looking at buying a 1000 piece set for me and mates just wondering what the best chip breakdown would be for someone who doesn’t have a playing style of any kind just yet.

Cheers

As a relatively new person to all of this I would still have to say that 1000 piece set is way to much for a set unless you planning on having multiple tables at home. I think most people reccomend somewhere between 300-600 for either a cash or tournament set(cash being in the higher numbers) This way you can also get some nicer chips as you have to get less chips! Hope that helps.

Welcome! Like @PsychoFeather stated, you may not need 1000 chips.

A few questions:
-cash game, tourney, or both?
-how many players?
-what stakes?
-what’s your budget?

As many have said, most single table cash sets can be done with about 600 chips (depending on the range of stakes you need to have bank for), and most single table tournament sets can easily be done with about 400 chips. The goal is to maximize chip efficiency, so that your budget can go farther by investing the maximum amount of money in the minimum amount of chips in order to get the best quality you can afford.

Nothing wrong with getting more chips if it's your preference and you don't have to worry about budget. Multiple tables will of course require higher numbers of chips. Increasing your breadth of stakes as well (if you want to cover everything from 0.25/0.50 to 5/10 cash).

We highly recommend that you get samples of different types of chips in hand so you can determine what you like from play characteristics. Perhaps fellow members in your area (like @Perthmike ) could offer some leads in this direction.

Welcome to the chipping world!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom