Help a Noob Sell Online (1 Viewer)

Mojo1312

Full House
Reaction score
I recently acquired merchandise from a gift store that had to close its doors. E-bay stacks fees on top of fees. Which online consumer sites would you recommend?

Is it specialized goods, do you have aged accounts on any other sites/apps, how high priced are the items (need for buyer/seller protection may depend on that), etc.

“I have stuff where do I sell” is more a google query without info.

Lead crystal animal statues, seashell sun-catchers, discontinued collectible figurines, embroidered outdoor flags, copper mailboxes with embossed wildlife scenes and other boxes of stuff I haven't gone thru yet. My niece has sold half a dozen items on Etsy for around $20 a pop plus shipping and a couple of small sun-catchers for $10.

She is working full time now and has lost interest. I have time on my hands and most of the stuff is easy to ship, so I have decided to give it go, rather than let it take up space in the garage.

Last edited:
Put the items several places; Add 12% to eBay prices so that you have even pricing everywhere; See what sells where, make that your home base.

Putting stuff up multiple places is EASY. The time consuming part is taking pics/uploading/writing descriptions/research on pricing.

eBay gets the most eyeballs and I would sell most things there, despite 15% fees when it is said and done. Some hobbies do better in forums (poker chips) and others, eBay is still best (board games). There are some good Facebook groups for selling things too. I had some old model train stuff and it sold quickly at a fair price on fb.

Is it specialized goods, do you have aged accounts on any other sites/apps, how high priced are the items (need for buyer/seller protection may depend on that), etc.

“I have stuff where do I sell” is more a google query without info.
Why do aged accounts matter? Just for the appearance of more legitimacy or something I’m missing?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom