Help a non chipper consider a tourney set (1 Viewer)

Perthmike

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Hi all, i'm new to chipping and I just have the one CPC set so far. I'm mostly into watches, but I'm considering buying a second tourney set for the second season of my poker league that is starting soon. One set just isn't enough really is it.

Prices are really dumb at the moment and I'm only really looking to spend $1000 for a single table tourney set. T25 - t5000, though I have tried a t100 base and I enjoyed it so really denoms don't matter at all.

I don't want to murder a set, not because I'm a reformed serial killer, but I'm more interested in letter someone else do the legwork.

And I don't want anything overlabelled because that's just disgusting.

I also don't want anything custom because let's face it I'm a bit of a slut and i'm going to inevitably change my mind and sell them at some point.

I'm open to clay or plastic. But nothing BJ or sunfly I don't think, and I don't think I can bring myself to go ceramic either. The abbiatis do look appealing though I must admit.

Also not interested in anything solid.

Throw some ideas at me

Last edited:
Hi all, i'm new to chipping and I just have the one CPC set so far. I'm mostly into watches, but I'm considering buying a second tourney set for the second season of my poker league that is starting soon. One set just isn't enough really is it.

Prices are really dumb at the moment and I'm only really looking to spend $1000 for a single table tourney set. T25 - t5000, though I have tried a t100 base and I enjoyed it so really denoms don't matter at all.

I don't want to murder a set, not because I'm a reformed serial killer, but I'm more interested in letter someone else do the legwork.

And I don't want anything overlabelled because that's just disgusting.

I also don't want anything custom because let's face it I'm a bit of a slut and i'm going to inevitably change my mind and sell them at some point.

I'm open to clay or plastic. But nothing BJ or sunfly I don't think, and I don't think I can bring myself to go ceramic either. The abbiatis do look appealing though I must admit.

Also not interested in anything solid.

Throw some ideas at me
CPC - Rounders or Chesterfield Club
Abbiati - Crown Plaza
GPI - PCF promo tourney set
ABC - Custom ceramics

I have all of these, but none are for sale.

Edit: Oh… and welcome to the forum. It’s a rabbit hole. Get samples.

Abbiati - Crown Plaza
ABC - Custom ceramics

I think Chesterfield or crown Plaza are probably going to be my best option. And I like them both.

I'm in no rush anyway.

Abbiati - Crown Plaza
ABC - Custom ceramics

Don't listen to this man. He'd sell you that whole lot for $100,000 and the lint in your belly button

Welcome. Learn the words "fair market value" and you'll do just fine here :tup:

Don't listen to this man. He'd sell you that whole lot for $100,000 and the lint in your belly button

Welcome. Learn the words "fair market value" and you'll do just fine here :tup:
I'd guess that there have been times when the lint stayed longer than his chipsets.

Matsui.... the only tourney set you will ever need.

tf_wps_mg_add1a.pngJune2021.jpgfinal_set.png

For something meaningful yet affordable, build a custom watch 'inlay' set on hybrid or molded ceramics, using your favorite time piece designs and/or logos.

Or for a turn-key solution, just get a 400-chip set of Key West tourney denoms -- J5-designed artwork, old-school side paint on the classic H-mold, and still way less than a grand even when including matching extras (dealer, bounty, re-buy, all-in, and seating buttons) and a couple set-ups of plastic cards. /thread

For something meaningful yet affordable, build a custom watch 'inlay' set on hybrid or molded ceramics, using your favorite time piece designs and/or logos.
This man is onto something… You could have the watch hands even show the denomination! T25 would be 25 past midnight, T100 would be 1 o’clock, etc. up to T1000. And I suppose T5000 could be the watch price tag! In for samples. :tup:

I heard the BCC Protege chips are great for tourney sets....cheap too (compaired to watches :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: )

I can't believe I didn't think of this before, but I think that whenever you find a set that fits your needs and desires, that you get custom chips made that allow the thrower to call "clock" on their opponent if they're tanking for too long during a hand.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom