Help: $500/$1K Over-Sized Chip (1 Viewer)

kk405

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
So, as many of you know from my previous posts, I am not a big fan of paying (or overpaying) a sh*& load of money for chips. I began by not wanting to pay more than a coupe of bucks per chip, but a not so nice (for my pocket) member of this community wrote a me long ass message saying I should reconsider my 'limit'. And even though my limit is higher now, it is never going to get to a point that I would pay $2-3K for a rack of chips (and I know @BGinGA will remember this post and call me out in a few years).

So, this is the dilemma I have now and need your input/help. I need to come up with a rack of $500 and some $1K chips (probably 60-100), over-sized, clay or similar quality, chips, to complete 2 of my sets. I already have 43mm BWLK chips, and have 43mm Mayfair Club chips on order with Sal/OWPS.

I am posting the picture of the three sets I am planning to put in play soon. My Le Noir set has $500/1K chips, but they are obviously not over-sized. My PCA and PNY sets have no $500/1K, and I have no intention of paying the ransom required to buy the high denom chips in those sets.

What are my options? Should I try to come up with a design for 44mm CPC chips that could/would work with ALL three sets? Is that practical or the best option? I exchanged a few messages with Kevin (@Seeking Alpha Social Club) and he is super happy with his 44mm chips. I am thinking the cost would be a more reasonable $400/rack and for $800 I can get enough $500/1K chips for all three sets.

Any help/input/idea is highly appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

IMG_7717.jpg

IMG_7718.jpg

IMG_7722.jpg

I need to come up with a rack of $500 and some $1K chips (probably 60-100), over-sized, clay or similar quality, chips, to complete 2 of my sets.

What are my options?
One word: plaques.

Although using CPC's oversize A-mold to create high-denom chips for those sets probably wouldn't tilt me too much. Personally, I'd rather use acrylic/ceramic plaques or oversize ceramic chips. Either can be designed to really complement existing sets, without the constant mold reminder that they really don't belong. In fact, I already have a PCA plaque project in the works.

even though my limit is higher now, it is never going to get to a point that I would pay $2-3K for a rack of chips (and I know @BGinGA will remember this post and call me out in a few years).
:ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Just putting this out here so I can find it easier in the future when needed. #KEYWORD:FRUGAL

CPC 44mm scroll mold, if that is still an available possibility. Plaques, as BG suggested, are also an intriguing option.

It looks like those three sets all do pretty much the same thing. Why not sell one of those sets to finance the big chips on another set or two?
I know, it's blasphemy. But I think when the actual chips exist, getting those chips is the best option. Barring that, I'll go with the plaque solution.

It looks like those three sets all do pretty much the same thing. Why not sell one of those sets to finance the big chips on another set or two?
I know, it's blasphemy. But I think when the actual chips exist, getting those chips is the best option. Barring that, I'll go with the plaque solution.

No need to sell any of these chips, especially given how long it took me to put them together. In case you didn’t see my other thread from a while back, I am not even selling my Pick Hobson's, even though it looks like I will never put them in play). Financing the chips is not the issue. As pointed out earlier, frugality is (although I call it prudence and sensibility :LOL: :laugh:)

One word: plaques.

We have 1k/5k plaques and they are awesome. But after introducing the $500 43mm BWLK chips to the game, some people now prefer the chips over played. So, we will be using both depending on the sets.

But I am not sure if I want to mix the ceramic hybrid $500s with the Paulson chips...am I wrong on that?

What about custom jetons? Size of the larger chip but complimentary like an acrylic plaque.

What about custom jetons? Size of the larger chip but complimentary like an acrylic plaque.

Similar to ceramic hybrids. The feel and look of jetons next to the clay chips???

Live the bike mixes Paulson $100s and BJ for all other denoms.

It tilts me personally but the players don’t seem to mind. And you have to look closely to notice.

So, as many of you know from my previous posts, I am not a big fan of paying (or overpaying) a sh*& load of money for chips. I began by not wanting to pay more than a coupe of bucks per chip, but a not so nice (for my pocket) member of this community wrote a me long ass message saying I should reconsider my 'limit'. And even though my limit is higher now, it is never going to get to a point that I would pay $2-3K for a rack of chips (and I know @BGinGA will remember this post and call me out in a few years).

So, this is the dilemma I have now and need your input/help. I need to come up with a rack of $500 and some $1K chips (probably 60-100), over-sized, clay or similar quality, chips, to complete 2 of my sets. I already have 43mm BWLK chips, and have 43mm Mayfair Club chips on order with Sal/OWPS.

I am posting the picture of the three sets I am planning to put in play soon. My Le Noir set has $500/1K chips, but they are obviously not over-sized. My PCA and PNY sets have no $500/1K, and I have no intention of paying the ransom required to buy the high denom chips in those sets.

What are my options? Should I try to come up with a design for 44mm CPC chips that could/would work with ALL three sets? Is that practical or the best option? I exchanged a few messages with Kevin (@Seeking Alpha Social Club) and he is super happy with his 44mm chips. I am thinking the cost would be a more reasonable $400/rack and for $800 I can get enough $500/1K chips for all three sets.

Any help/input/idea is highly appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

View attachment 135622

View attachment 135623

View attachment 135624

Holy smokes!!! You weren't kidding when you said you spent a bit of money this year. AWESOME sets!!!

I do agree with BG...I think adding some plaques would be a great idea. For the price, I think the MSK plaques would be a great addition (especially since you could get custom MSK plaques for a really decent price). Another alternative would be to go on the hunt for some solid Paulson Winner club chips, which have the small labels, and then relabel them.

Good luck!!

Not sure if I like the feel of mixing ceramics with clays. Anyone else has a good experience with this mix?
But I am not sure if I want to mix the ceramic hybrid $500s with the Paulson chips...am I wrong on that?
No real right or wrong, just personal preference.

I occasionally use high-denom Sun-Fly 43mm and 46mm ceramics with my BCC GCOP set, and I recently purchased a rack of 818-spotted 43mm hybrids to be relabeled for use with that set. I'm expecting the 43mm hybrids (with matching matte-finish laminated labels) to fit in better than the smooth-faced 43mm ceramics, but I have no issues mixing the current oversize ceramic chips with the 39mm BCC clays.

Sun-Fly 43mm and 46mm chips:
12-GCOP-43-100K.png
12-GCOP-46-500K.png

Sun-Fly 43mm hybrid (with incorrect label, I purchased blanks):
120524-6fb645c056eeac184059c3db756b2bba.jpg

actual Paulson chip:
WSOP-chips-100K.jpg

No real right or wrong, just personal preference.

I occasionally use high-denom Sun-Fly 43mm and 46mm ceramics with my BCC GCOP set, and I recently purchased a rack of 818-spotted 43mm hybrids to be relabeled for use with that set. I'm expecting the 43mm hybrids (with matching matte-finish laminated labels) to fit in better than the smooth-faced 43mm ceramics, but I have no issues mixing the current oversize ceramic chips with the 39mm BCC clays.

Sun-Fly 43mm and 46mm chips:
12-GCOP-43-100K.png
12-GCOP-46-500K.png

Sun-Fly 43mm hybrid (with incorrect label, I purchased blanks):
120524-6fb645c056eeac184059c3db756b2bba.jpg

actual Paulson chip:
View attachment 135656

I also ordered a few racks of those chips too. Will experiment with them when they arrive.

313AFC3D-5D4F-42BB-BF55-BC1595EB004F.jpeg

What do you guys think of 44mm CPC chips? Would they be a better fit for the Paulson sets?

EDF66C41-03AF-4A03-B650-F937A9AE8194.jpeg

48mm Winner club chips are an option, though I don’t know how many others are out there. Keep an eye on the classifieds though, I’ve got some oversized $1ks that may be hitting there shortly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom