Helmuth being Helmuth (1 Viewer)

Yeah, even Dnegs thought he should've gotten some kind of penalty.
I find his rants hilarious and it's what PH has been doing for the last 30 years day in day out. I don't think anybody should be suprised this happened, but yeah, some kind of reacton from the floor would've been good to keep the peace.

Aww how did I miss that? Love Sam Grizzle lol.

Is their video proof of that available anywhere?

https://en.clubpoker.net/sam-grizzle-passes-away-once-beat-up-phil-hellmuth/n-1396

But the best story and the craziest involved the fisticuffs between Grizzle and Phil Hellmuth in the parking lot of Binion's Horseshoe in downtown Vegas in the late 1990s. Those were the old school days when you got called outside if you acted like a jagoff at the tables and men settled their disputes the old fashioned way (okay, not by actually dueling... but the semi-old fashioned way by duking it out). Apparently the fight was over just as quick as it began with Grizzle landing one punch on the much taller Hellmuth.

ESPN clued viewers into the Grizzle and Hellmuth spat during a broadcast of the 2003 World Series of Poker Main Event, yes during the infamous Moneymaker run that played out at the old Binion's Horseshoe in downtown Las Vegas.

"Sam decked Phil, you gotta like Sam's chances in any fist fight," said Norman Chad on the telecast.

Oh, did he whine about something again? I thought by "Hellmuth being Hellmuth," you were talking about him likely heading to his 4th final table of this young WSOP. (He's chipleader in the $1500 2-7 single draw with only 10 remaining.)

I do remember Norman Chad making snarky comments on Hellmuth during one of WSOP when he found out that Hellmuth's wife is psychologist... I bet she made her's PhD thesis about him

430D3037-34A2-461C-ADF8-019A5F17B28A.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom