Hello + Thoughts on mixing chip designs (1 Viewer)

sheslikeice

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been looking around a bit trying to figure out what I want to buy for my first set -- at this point I'm pretty committed to just going for Paulsons.

Is there anyone who has a set with mixed chip designs (e.g. hotstamps + chips with inlays or solids + spots), or does that just look bad? I'm thinking mixing and matching things I like from the classifieds might make a cool set.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I've been looking around a bit trying to figure out what I want to buy for my first set -- at this point I'm pretty committed to just going for Paulsons.

Is there anyone who has a set with mixed chip designs (e.g. hotstamps + chips with inlays or solids + spots), or does that just look bad? I'm thinking mixing and matching things I like from the classifieds might make a cool set.

Thanks!

I think if it looks OK there's nothing to worry about... except for mixing clays and ceramics in the same set - that practice will get your scrub donkey status irrevocably revoked (or so I've heard).

Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Yes. Many great sets here:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-official-unofficial-mixed-set-pr0n-thread-of-pcf.11227/

Hi everyone,

Thanks!
If you like the set, then that's all that really matters. :tup:

For general conformity, a lot of people agree that for a cash set, a solid chip can be used for the smallest value chip(s), such as the fractional (25c/50c) and sometimes even $1 (see Flamingo $1) and mixed with the rest of the chips being spotted. Some people prefer it as it can help with higher value chips being easily distinguishable by being visually more complex...i.e. spot progression in a set.

Also, a fractional chip can often times be a hotstamp and the rest of the chips inlaid. I love a good hotstamped frac!

I myself agree that the fracs can be and should be solid, and that if they can be hotstamped, all the better.

Last edited:
Welcome! Mixed sets are fun! There are some very nice examples from members here on the forum! Buy what you like and let your set blossom!! Cheers :)

Mixed sets or nothing. Got to pick the best chips from any set to make your own.
Sept_2019.jpg

Welcome! I’m under the philosophy that you play with what you love. But absolutely feel free to solicit insight/advice. Ton of knowledge can be learned from folks here. Happy chipping!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom