Hello there! (1 Viewer)

fenixnuke

Waiting List
Reaction score
I'm from Phoenix, Arizona and just started hosting a home game again for the first time since before the pandemic. I've been lurking here for several months and finally decided to make an account! I'm currently researching options for my next cash game set, I currently have a full set of the Monte Carlo Smooths that work pretty well but would like to upgrade in the near future.

Excited to be a part of this community!

Welcome to PCF. If you stick around here for any amount of time, you will likely want to upgrade from the Monte Carlo's. But take your time. I see new things here every day.

Welcome to PCF

Last warning before falling to the rabbit hole :D

47CE5E1E-CD88-4E75-B5AE-54A8B10E2F79.jpeg

Welcome to PCF. If you stick around here for any amount of time, you will likely want to upgrade from the Monte Carlo's. But take your time. I see new things here every day.
I've already got my sights on upgrading to a set of majestics/royals. Got a few samples and absolutely loved them compared to everything else (I am actively avoiding sampling any Paulson's or CPCs as they are way way way out of budget and I don't want to find out I like them lol). I'm debating whether to do custom labels or not....

I was actually surprised by how much I didn't like the ceramic samples I got. It seems like the ceramics are generally well regarded on the forum but to me they just felt... cheap? Custom design is nice and all but I can't get over the feel.

Welcome!

I'm debating whether to do custom labels or not....

Do it if you think they’re keepers and you won’t wanna upgrade further (I know what I think will happen). Otherwise it’ll be easier to re-sell if you go with a stock design (will still lose money, though).

I was actually surprised by how much I didn't like the ceramic samples I got. It seems like the ceramics are generally well regarded on the forum but to me they just felt... cheap? Custom design is nice and all but I can't get over the feel.

That’s why ”get samples” is the mantra. There are different ceramics though. From where did you get your samples? Personally, I feel that slightly textured ceramics are way better than smooth ones and I’m not a fan of the look of the ”cards mold” that is very popular around here.

That’s why ”get samples” is the mantra. There are different ceramics though. From where did you get your samples? Personally, I feel that slightly textured ceramics are way better than smooth ones and I’m not a fan of the look of the ”cards mold” that is very popular around here.
I got the sample set from ABC (https://abcgiftsandawards.com/ceramic-poker-chip-sample-set/). Are the Nevada Jacks the textured ones? I did like that the best out of the ceramics.

I got the sample set from ABC (https://abcgiftsandawards.com/ceramic-poker-chip-sample-set/). Are the Nevada Jacks the textured ones? I did like that the best out of the ceramics.
I’m not an expert on the ceramics but I believe Nevada Jacks are heavily textured (at least they used to be) and some of ABC’s other lines have smooth surfaces.

There are other ceramics that I prefer that are in between on the textured scale, like Chipcos and B&Gs (but those are only available through second hand market). Not sure whether ABC offers anything like those texture wise. The Chinese cards mold manufacturers also offer textured chips but I have never sampled those.

I think the Royals are really nice for their price point. I used to own a set but they had to go to leave room for upgrades. If you stick around here, you’ll probably end up with clays eventually :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom