Hello there! (1 Viewer)

NotDunric

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hi from Idaho (from where I understand there are some notable members around these parts!)

I'm finally getting around to an introduction thread after having lurked for the past couple months. Just a casual low-stakes player, but really enjoy going deep on my hobbies so the chip world has been fascinating to get more familiar with.

Just before the pandemic in 2020 I picked up a large quantity of Iron Clays from Roxley for hosting .05/.10 cash games with friends (I come from being entrenched the board game world where they were/are considered a major upgrade from your average game counters). Barely got to use them before in-person hangs were off the table for a long while, until finally earlier this year I started putting them to good use... just in time to decide I needed/wanted a dedicated tournament set and found this forum. I'm now awaiting a fully custom ceramic set from BR Pro that I designed myself which will hopefully arrive in the next couple weeks, at which point I'll be eager to show them off. Can't wait to eventually be able to make some custom CPCs happen in the future, and if I'm really lucky maybe some day bag my white whale (an Aurora Star tournament set, hooooo baby).

Cheers to everyone here, and thanks for all the inspiration and information these forums have already provided, and will surely continue to offer in the future!

Hi from Idaho (from where I understand there are some notable members around these parts!)

I'm finally getting around to an introduction thread after having lurked for the past couple months. Just a casual low-stakes player, but really enjoy going deep on my hobbies so the chip world has been fascinating to get more familiar with.

Just before the pandemic in 2020 I picked up a large quantity of Iron Clays from Roxley for hosting .05/.10 cash games with friends (I come from being entrenched the board game world where they were/are considered a major upgrade from your average game counters). Barely got to use them before in-person hangs were off the table for a long while, until finally earlier this year I started putting them to good use... just in time to decide I needed/wanted a dedicated tournament set and found this forum. I'm now awaiting a fully custom ceramic set from BR Pro that I designed myself which will hopefully arrive in the next couple weeks, at which point I'll be eager to show them off. Can't wait to eventually be able to make some custom CPCs happen in the future, and if I'm really lucky maybe some day bag my white whale (an Aurora Star tournament set, hooooo baby).

Cheers to everyone here, and thanks for all the inspiration and information these forums have already provided, and will surely continue to offer in the future!
Notable Members from Idaho? Oh god, does my BMI make me count more than 1?

Welcome! When ya wanna join for a tourney with the Aurora Stars, just say when. Feel free to PM me if ya wanna chat and come check out some chips, or ya need any help around here. I'm always happy to assist.

WTF, just inviting people to my game. Get out of here with your liberal agenda! My game is impossible to get an invite for. Psshhhh.
Whatever. I've invited myself over 3 times. I pet your dog, lost money in your slots (that I delivered to you over 3 mountain passes, thank you very much), ate your Fat Man Crack, drank your whiskey and definitely upperdeckered your basement toilet. Oh, and left a winner on all three occasions. To quote @detroitdad "Tournaments are stupid." But cash is king! :cool

Whatever. I've invited myself over 3 times. I pet your dog, lost money in your slots (that I delivered to you over 3 mountain passes, thank you very much), ate your Fat Man Crack, drank your whiskey and definitely upperdeckered your basement toilet. Oh, and left a winner on all three occasions. To quote @detroitdad "Tournaments are stupid." But cash is king! :cool
We're making Fat Man Crack on the 20th......

WTF, just inviting people to my game. Get out of here with your liberal agenda! My game is impossible to get an invite for. Psshhhh.
1638400934947.gif

The truth is I only made this thread to watch the inevitable banter between you two break out. Thus far I am not disappointed. :tup:

Jokes aside, thanks! The last few months some friends and I have gotten into a rhythm hosting a small weekly tournament (usually just 1 table, only once exceeded 10 people and had to cram a second folding table into my apartment living room; regular players including @satisfyingbutton and his Royals set, and a couple others who regularly trek out to Ontario to play at Devil's) which has been going great, as well as the occasional mixed cash game nights. May be open to joining some other locals at some point in the near future!

*Don't ask about Fat Man Crack*
*Don't ask about Fat Man Crack*

What the hell is Fat Man Crack?!
Okay. So we take tater tots, mix it with soup and a pile of cheese. Add Ham, jalapeno poppers, onion rings, cheese sticks, fried ravioli. Top with more cheese. Bake. Serve with the hottest sauce you can find.

Hey, I know this guy!

I don't know if there is a board game thread hanging around here somewhere; if so, @NotDunric is the man to talk to.

Aside: Fat Man Crack sounds like the kind of thing I should not be allowed to know about. Like most things on this forum, I suppose.

Hey, I know this guy!

I don't know if there is a board game thread hanging around here somewhere; if so, @NotDunric is the man to talk to.

Aside: Fat Man Crack sounds like the kind of thing I should not be allowed to know about. Like most things on this forum, I suppose.
WTF @Saoliver . They are multiplying....

Now I'm arming myself.

WTF @Saoliver . They are multiplying....

Now I'm arming myself.
Isn't the stereotype that everyone in Idaho is constantly armed to the teeth at all times?

I must say, it has been amusing to wade into this hobby to find that one of the pillars of the community is a Cactus Pete swag toting and chip murdering local!

Isn't the stereotype that everyone in Idaho is constantly armed to the teeth at all times?

I must say, it has been amusing to wade into this hobby to find that one of the pillars of the community is a Cactus Pete swag toting and chip murdering local!
Stereotype? What did you just call me! Don't you use those California words!

Hahaha. Yeah. I've been alone here for so long out of control. Now there are people here that can find me! Sonofa....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom