Hello there! I’m new here. (2 Viewers)

ratbastard

Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
I used to play a lot of poker in college and haven’t played for a while. My wife and I are buying our first house and I realized how cool it would be to have a regular poker night with friends and neighbors. I’ve been going down the “which poker chips to buy” rabbit hole. I finally made it to PCF via the recommendation of Christopher M. on YouTube. Glad to be here!

Welcome! Samples are the way to go starting out. Also recommend seeking out some traveling loners. If you know whether you're looking for tournament or cash and the number of players you could potentially reach, as well as a basic budget that will tremendously. The members here are fantastic and will be able to help you reach your chipping goals.
Congratulations on the first house!

Cheers!

Hello and welcome you ratbastard! Hahaha

@cgpilot , I had to try it too, so much fun!!! Lmao!

@ratbastard , wish you the best on your journey and hold on to your wallet.

Many congratulations on the first home. I remember when I bought my first home. Huge life event! It's wonderful!

Hello and welcome you ratbastard! Hahaha

@cgpilot , I had to try it too, so much fun!!! Lmao!

@ratbastard , wish you the best on your journey and hold on to your wallet.

Many congratulations on the first home. I remember when I bought my first home. Huge life event! It's wonderful!

@Jeevansluck It’s a nice way to start off a message.

Dearest Rat Bastard,

I hope this message finds you well.

I went to the store today and now I’ve come home.

Regards,
-cgpilot

I used to play a lot of poker in college and haven’t played for a while. My wife and I are buying our first house and I realized how cool it would be to have a regular poker night with friends and neighbors. I’ve been going down the “which poker chips to buy” rabbit hole. I finally made it to PCF via the recommendation of Christopher M. on YouTube. Glad to be here!
Welcome! You will find many Colorado members here. I lived in Denver for a year. Loved Fort Collins. Did the New Belgium “happy hour” a few times.

Welcome Mr. Ratbastard, this is an extremely addictive hobby, as crazy as it sounds if you catch the bug bad enough wrote out all of your bills... down to the penny and know what you can spend on chips! If you go over than and start sweating because you hope you can find a way to cover the bills... welcome to the scrub donkey life!! Lmao

My number one suggestion especially in your situation (being close to many collectors) instead of spending tons of money on samples. Attend a meet up! Get to know other chippers and talk to them about what they do and do not like. Most of us are willing to waste hours just bull shutting about chips! Also take @BSteck up on his offer!!!! Brian is anamazing chipper with a very nice collection! If you can get a seat in one of his games!! PCF as a forum is amazing but being able to spend table time with others that share your passion is without equal!

I absolutely love our local MD/VA/PA/DC crew, but if I was forced to relocate to another dense PCF area it would be Colorado! You are in very good company with a lot of amazing members. When all this covid stuff is over and games start back up, take some road trips and check out others chips before you take the big plunge! Also some chippers have traveling sample sets you can get on the lost so you can check out lots of different stuff. You will most likely fall in love with Paulson chips like the majority of us, but there are lots of other options out there!!

Either way enjoy your chipping journey! Remember we all like pictures, so when you start getting your shipments be sure to share in "Throfficialmailpron" thread! Best of luck to you and if you have any questions feel free to send a PM anytime!!

Fellow Chipper Ben

@BSteck that would be awesome. Can't wait for the COVID situation to be over so home games can become a reality again.

@Ben8257 I would love to attend a meetup! I actually have a similar "fringe" expensive hobby -- mechanical keyboards (if you aren't familiar, save yourself and don't go down the rabbit hole!) -- and I attended a few meetups to get to know that community better. It's always a great time. Hopefully we're allowed to get back to normal sometime soon and getting together for poker chip chat and games is possible.

@Rbonus012 @MathijsVS thanks!

@Saoliver @tabletalker7 oops... one too many beers last night, meant to say 'already done' to @tabletalker7!

@ratbastard,
If you go to the meet ups and home games thread you’ll find a listing for The Great Divide World Circus Championships 2020.
I believe the event is full for this year but it could be something for you to plan on in the future.

I would love to attend a meetup! I actually have a similar "fringe" expensive hobby -- mechanical keyboards (if you aren't familiar, save yourself and don't go down the rabbit hole!)

Oh god- you're doomed. Not only did I just buy a bunch of C3 tangerine switches when they dropped, but I also just bought a new cash set. Sitting at home all day is not good for my wallet.

Welcome though, everyone here is super helpful.

I’m always amazed at the correlation between chippers and crack users!

That’s because crack is only a babydrug compared to chips. My samples have been with usps since the beginning of the covid crisis, and I’m itching for my fix man!

Welcome, just got here a week ago myself, this group has been great!

As mentioned samples are key, I got a nice batch from @Apache for a decent price. Have another sample set coming soon; in hopes of finding the perfect upgrade for our weekly cash game.

@TheWhat same. I've got Nile Club and Milanos coming from Poker Chip Lounge and then Tiki and Dia de los Muertos coming from @BR Pro Poker. Looking forward to it!

There is a great post by @allforcharity where they're sending around a free sample of higher-end Paulson clay and Bud Jones plastic so long as you pay shipping to send it to the next person.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom