Hello PCF - Thank you for finding me and hopefully saving me from my dice chips!!! (1 Viewer)

cktricky

Reaction score
Brand new here. Just minutes ago. Joined because I'd really like to upgrade from dice chips and because I know it's a huge security issue playing a cash game, even though I trust my players. Still.. the chips are boring af. My intention is to buy someone's low stakes .25/50 CC Dunes off them that they think no one wants. I could order off Apache, but don't want to do that if people have Dunes sitting. However... I haven't seen any for sale posts. .... Does anyone else keep a 20 stack at work to annoying shuffle for coworkers!?! Hahah. Glad to be here!

Welcome.

If you’re worried about security, why go from one off the shelf set to another? Doesn’t make much sense

That's a good point, but the dice chips are everywhere and used by everyone from kids to biker poker runs, etc. I guess I should have also prefaced that I'm looking to generally upgrade. At .25/.50 .. I'm not overly concerned with security until a bunch of $5s get into rotation with people I don't really know, which would be random. My dice chips gotta go!

You could try either semi custom china clay or semi custom ceramic chips from BR pro poker / abc gifts and awards (they are venders here) for a low cost more secure option than off the self china clay chips. The cost ranges from 55c to 99c for semi custom to custom chips. The price will depend on how many chips you are ordering and if you want full custom or just semi custom. Before you do anything I would get some samples. Good luck!

You could try either semi custom china clay or semi custom ceramic chips from BR pro poker / abc gifts and awards (they are venders here) for a low cost more secure option than off the self china clay chips. The cost ranges from 55c to 99c for semi custom to custom chips. The price will depend on how many chips you are ordering and if you want full custom or just semi custom. Before you do anything I would get some samples. Good luck!
Awesome and informative response! Thank you very much! I will look into custom options.

Nice to meet ya....cheapest secure chip option is really the China Clay's.....there are several group buys and you can get fully custom chips made up for .35-.40cents a chip to your door.

Otherwise more expensive exclusive options exist but are in the $2+/chip range. blank Monaco china Clay's can be bought and relabeled but after costs for both and your labour costs over $1+/chip.

Welcome tot he bank draining rabbit hole of buying nice poker chips.

Warning since joining last October, I've spent over 10k Can$....on poker chips and accessories. I'm done though, have 2 full primary/secondary custom Classic Poker Chips and China Clay's to run multiple tables with each and a big Horse shoe Indiana set because they looked pretty nice. Down the road I may sell the Horse shoe set I have when all of the other come in from production....but until I need the $ I'll enjoy playing with them to because there pretty nice chips.

Last edited:
Thank you for all the replies. I understand the security aspect, but right now it's not a real concern. It seems as though a 300 cash set of CC Dunes would be a good purchase for someone coming from dice chips. I've searched for used CC Dunes and either I don't know how to search, or people aren't selling the sets they have. I'm looking for small stakes. .25/1/5 .. and for some reason .. I just like that bright green $20 chip. Why aren't there more $20 chips? .. because when racked they equal $400 instead of $500?

Thanks again for the welcomes and replies.

Welcome! Commemorative dunes pop up every once in awhile. I would recommend trying a wanted ad when you are eligible.
Shuffle stacks are awesome, while I don't have any at work there's no shortage of them at home!

Thank you for all the replies. I understand the security aspect, but right now it's not a real concern. It seems as though a 300 cash set of CC Dunes would be a good purchase for someone coming from dice chips. I've searched for used CC Dunes and either I don't know how to search, or people aren't selling the sets they have. I'm looking for small stakes. .25/1/5 .. and for some reason .. I just like that bright green $20 chip. Why aren't there more $20 chips? .. because when racked they equal $400 instead of $500?

Thanks again for the welcomes and replies.
Also I would recommend checking out @BR Pro Poker, if you are not opposed to ceramics they have semi custom options available for increasing your security and the chips are very affordable

Be warned I started off spending a few hundred on Apache Royals and hours cleaning and oiling them (a necessary step for brand new China clays) only to start building paulson sets a few weeks later. I still love the Royals though and am not quite ready to part with them yet but the paulsons really are on another level. Good luck with your plans. I suggest getting samples of every single apache china clay and some ceramics as well. It was very informative for me when I was in the market for China clays.

Last edited:
Welcome @cktricky as others have said make sure you get samples. I know there are some China Clay Dunes out there but we had a sample set of another Dunes series that were light plastic junk! I would much rather play with Dice chips than those. So before you rush in and buy because the price is right, know what you are getting for your money!!

The 43mm Royals that Apache sells I think are the best bang for your buck! We only own a couple sample sets but absolutely love the weight and feel of those chips! But then again we all like different chips, some are not a fan of larger chips, so again before going off recommendations take the time to check out your options, figure in your budget and go from there. Lots if friendly people here willing to help with any questions you may have along the way!!

Enjoy your chipping journey!
Fellow chipper Ben

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom