hello new member here looking forward to learning from you all. (1 Viewer)

FGF4417

Waiting List
Reaction score
i have inherited a lot of older poker chips hoping to learn more about them

any information on these will be helpful

Attachments

• 20220116_200347.jpg
    20220116_200347.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 115
Hi FGF,

Welcome to PCF

I remember The Winner Club Chip are no mold 47mm oversized chip make by Paulson, they are worth quite a few dollars per chip depending of the condition

More photos from different angle will help

Here's an honest assessment of what you have. IMHO, you would have trouble selling all the Winner Clubs together at a decent price. It's not playable and the labels cannot be removed to relabel to another set. However, the full barrels (20 chips) are desirable to people, like me, who would use them to top off their sets.

If you sell, here's what I recommend.

1. Sell anything that you have less than a barrel (less than 20) offered up as singles. But be careful NOT to break up barrels just to sell a handful of singles. People will beg you to break a barrel, but DON'T DO IT!! You could be stuck with 17 singles you can't sell, and then also wouldn't be able to sell as a full barrel. Trust me, I spent YEARS chasing 1 chip to finish off my $50k rack. It ain't worth it.

2. Sell the full barrels in separate auctions (with a reserve price you are comfortable with). I recommend separate because that will help you maximize value depending on demand. For example, I am imterested in the blue $10ks, but woun't bid if I have to buy all of them just for the 20 chips I want. AND....I suspect I am well known for drinking tequila and bidding the crap out of chips I'm interested in. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I also recommend auctions because they give people like me, that aren't on here all the time, a chance to bid, which will also help you maximize price. Win/win.

I suspect you'll get PMs telling you that auctions are the tool of the devil, followed by an offer. But just like being in a bar drunk....resist the ones with no teeth no matter how good they look after 10 shots.

Worst case scenario. If you don't meet the reserve price in an auction, then you can still sell them as singles if you want.

Nice
Here's an honest assessment of what you have. IMHO, you would have trouble selling all the Winner Clubs together at a decent price. It's not playable and the labels cannot be removed to relabel to another set. However, the full barrels (20 chips) are desirable to people, like me, who would use them to top off their sets.

1. Sell anything that you have less than a barrel (less than 20) offered up as singles. But be careful NOT to break up barrels just to sell a handful of singles. People will beg you to break a barrel, but DON'T DO IT!! You could be stuck with 17 singles you can't sell, and then also wouldn't be able to sell as a full barrel. Trust me, I spent YEARS chasing 1 chip to finish off my $50k rack. It ain't worth it.

2. Sell the full barrels in separate auctions (with a reserve price you are comfortable with). I recommend separate because that will help you maximize value depending on demand. For example, I am imterested in the blue $10ks, but woun't bid if I have to buy all of them just for the 20 chips I want. AND....I suspect I am well known for drinking tequila and bidding the crap out of chips I'm interested in. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I also recommend auctions because they give people like me, that aren't on here all the time, a chance to bid, which will also help you maximize price. Win/win.

I suspect you'll get PMs telling you that auctions are the tool of the devil, followed by an offer. But just like being in a bar drunk....resist the ones with no teeth no matter how good they look after 10 shots.

Worst case scenario. If you don't meet the reserve price in an auction, then you can still sell them as singles if you want.
Best Advise you can get

Last edited:
Hello and welcome!

Oversize Winner Club are a definite collector's item around here.

I think the Harrah's are brass core, very heavy, don't see them very often.
hello and thank you for the greeting i have a very large amount of the harras 1$ and yes they are brass core but im having a hard time getting actual pricing on all the chips i inherited

how much would you sell the blue 10ks for? I know a very silly question to ask a potential buyer.

hello and thank you for the greeting i have a very large amount of the harras 1$ and yes they are brass core but im having a hard time getting actual pricing on all the chips i inherited
I couldnt give you a price on the brass Harrahs because I’ve never seen them sold in quantity. Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever seen them sold as singles, either. But I’ve seen plenty of them. They’re typically found as singles in lots of mismatched chips that generally nobody wants.
This isn’t to say that your chips are worthless. To the contrary, if you have them in playable quantities, I’m sure somebody here would want them. But I can’t imagine what they’re worth.
What is “very large amount?”

how much you you sell the blue 10ks for i know very silly question to ask a potential buyer

I couldnt give you a price on the brass Harrahs because I’ve never seen them sold in quantity. Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever seen them sold as singles, either. But I’ve seen plenty of them. They’re typically found as singles in lots of mismatched chips that generally nobody wants.
This isn’t to say that your chips are worthless. To the contrary, if you have them in playable quantities, I’m sure somebody here would want them. But I can’t imagine what they’re worth.
What is “very large amount?”
thank you very much you are very helpful

how much would you sell the blue 10ks for? I know a very silly question to ask a potential buyer.
Personally, I wouldn't sell because they are part of my keeper set. But for you looking to sell, I think this is the best proxy (see link below). I recommend auctioning them with a starting reseve bid of $100 or $120 for the barrel, and then see where they go from there.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/winner-club-10-000-spotted.67831/

Edit: you can search other sales and it looks like $5 to $6 per chip gor Winner Clubs is the typical price.

Hello and welcome. Do you know if the person you inherited these chips from was a member here? Won't affect the price, just curious.
no he wasnt hes passed away like 12 years ago but he was an avid collector and was a player multiple times on the world series of poker

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom