Hello, New host here (1 Viewer)

relobc

Reaction score
Hey im relobc
Iv been playing Hold’em for about 10 years now.

Been looking to get into hosting live games and wonna get a good chip set and table for when all this covid stuff is over.

Im sure plenty of you will give me great hosting advice

Welcome.
You will have to give us a lot more info in order for us to help but you've come to the right place.

1. How many players do you generally have?
2. Cash game, tournament, or both?
3. If its a cash game do you play limit, no limit, both? What is the normal buy in and how much is on the table at the end of the night?
4. How much do you want to spend on the chips?

I dont have any players atm bc i have never hosted a game at my house, but i do know alot of local dealers and players.
i plan on just hosting a few cash games in my garage to start out.

First of all, welcome, there is so much good advice to be had here.

Have you been at any homegames that you especially enjoyed? What do you want to do the same way, what a different way?

And we still need answers to this:
Welcome.
You will have to give us a lot more info in order for us to help but you've come to the right place.

1. How many players do you generally have?
2. Cash game, tournament, or both?
3. If its a cash game do you play limit, no limit, both? What is the normal buy in and how much is on the table at the end of the night?
4. How much do you want to spend on the chips?
Otherwise you could go to a car forum and say:
I want to buy a car. Which one should I buy?

Not riffing here, I'd really like to help you out.

Welcome @relobc !! You know many guys come on saying hey.. new to the forum and looking to buy some epic chips. You empathized hosting a couple times.

Anyone that's hosts will tell you 90% plus of your players dont give a rat's ass about the poker chips they are using... what they will never forget are amazing chairs, a nice custom table and a hot dog roller!!

Many rush in here and spend a fortune on epic quality chips and blow the budget for everything else.

If I can make one suggestion it would be build the room and the set up, get everything the way you want it... if it kills most of the budget there are endless cost efficient poker chip sets out there that will more than get the job done and last you a life time! Slugged chips and even ceramics may not be top level chips, but they do the same thing and your players will love them because... "you know all the other games I play in use those nasty plastic chips with the dice on them from Walmart"! Lol

Build a quality space with an inviting atmosphere, if you can find a Hooters waitress that is struggling to make ends meet and you can teach her to deal in a couple hours.... well that wouldn't hurt either. Oh did you think I was kidding about the hot dog roller... seriously a great many cards rooms never really stepped up to the top level because of the lack of this one basic machine! 30 minutes before your guest show up, throw 2 packs of Hebrew nationals on there and I promise they will be back next time!!

Fellow Chipper Ben

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom