Hello! New but liking it! (1 Viewer)

legonick

Straight
Reaction score
Hi I'm new here!

The state of my home game is pretty newbie. Using a dining room table, paper cards, and dice chips. Oh and of course dead thanks to Coronavirus. :(

My plan for upgrades is:
Good table...hard one due to $$$.
Good cards...Bicycle Prestige is a good starting point and seem to be good value.
Good chips...plan to try out the awesome sampler pack that circulates here...I've heard good things about ceramics too...excited for this step, but it's a ways out.

Anyways...any thoughts on my upgrade plan are appreciated! Thank you. :)

Welcome to PCF. Sounds like you’ve got a good plan going forward. My advice would be to read up here, so many threads you can check out that would give you ideas to go on.

If you really want to save some time and money, my suggestion would be to save up your cash and just buy a Chanman poker table. While your at it you can get a set up of Desjgn cards from his site as well.

Look at many pictures and search the classifieds, when you find a nice set of chips that catches your eye, grab them. You can always turn around and sell them if they aren’t what you thought.
Quality Quality Quality
It will cost a little more on the front side but you’ll probably have few or no regrets.
Best wishes. :tup:

Welcome to PCF. Sounds like you’ve got a good plan going forward. My advice would be to read up here, so many threads you can check out that would give you ideas to go on.

If you really want to save some time and money, my suggestion would be to save up your cash and just buy a Chanman poker table. While your at it you can get a set up of Desjgn cards from his site as well.

Look at many pictures and search the classifieds, when you find a nice set of chips that catches your eye, grab them. You can always turn around and sell them if they aren’t what you thought.
Quality Quality Quality
It will cost a little more on the front side but you’ll probably have few or no regrets.
Best wishes. :tup:

As others have stated, I wish Chanman still produced the "basic tables". That's what I'm looking for - at least for now. I've been scouting a local builder who will do a basic one for $650 - $700...but for $836 I can get what looks like a really nice one from Gorilla Gaming shipped to my door! Apparently they build for WSOP so I think it'll be hard to beat that table.

Thoughts? The used market seems so quiet right now. Lots of nicer tables move in the NY/NJ/PA area, but I'm in New England - that's a haul. And even those have more or less dried up thanks to Coronavirus! Not the mentions the stares my wife gave me when I mentioned that area, LOL.

As others have stated, I wish Chanman still produced the "basic tables". That's what I'm looking for - at least for now. I've been scouting a local builder who will do a basic one for $650 - $700...but for $836 I can get what looks like a really nice one from Gorilla Gaming shipped to my door! Apparently they build for WSOP so I think it'll be hard to beat that table.

Thoughts? The used market seems so quiet right now. Lots of nicer tables move in the NY/NJ/PA area, but I'm in New England - that's a haul. And even those have more or less dried up thanks to Coronavirus! Not the mentions the stares my wife gave me when I mentioned that area, LOL.
Not sure what @Irish is up to but he can build you a sweet table as well. He is located in northern Jersey, probably not too far of a ride for you. 4 hours maybe? I’m in Virginia and can make it to Maine to see my parents in about 10 hours.
May be worth talking to him. What ever you decide, take your time and don’t make any quick decisions. Trust me, you’ll be happy that you were patient and waited for something you really wanted.

Hi I'm new here!

The state of my home game is pretty newbie. Using a dining room table, paper cards, and dice chips. Oh and of course dead thanks to Coronavirus. :(

My plan for upgrades is:
Good table...hard one due to $$$.
Good cards...Bicycle Prestige is a good starting point and seem to be good value.
Good chips...plan to try out the awesome sampler pack that circulates here...I've heard good things about ceramics too...excited for this step, but it's a ways out.

Anyways...any thoughts on my upgrade plan are appreciated! Thank you. :)
Plan for upgrades:
Good table - keep your eyes open for "Barrington Ten Player Poker table" on Walmart. They go on sale there often and I picked mine up for $99. Granted you will still want to re felt it but it is the cheapest way through that step.
Good Cards - You already have a good idea what you are doing there. A lot of people like Bicycle Prestige around here so go for it.
HOT DOG ROLLER - sorry but I am a fat guy and I don't know why people are not stressing this more than they do.
Good Chips - get samples, and then when you think you know what you want, GET MORE SAMPLES. You can throw away a lot of money buying something you shouldn't have.

Moral of all of this - get samples AND A HOT DOG ROLLER :)

Im new here as well and don’t know much about tables I have a few good ones I bought locally.

I prefer plastic cards very durable. Never played with Bicycle Prestige? I love playing with KEM cards, Copag, Arrow and just found about Bullets on Amazon (great cards)..

I agree with everyone about samples, and to me most importantly know exactly what you want to do with the chips ...for example how many exactly you are going to need and for what?.. cash vs Tourney. I found myself buying racks when I didn’t need too. Good luck and welcome!

@tabletalker7 any recommendations on a hot dog roller when I get to that upgrade? :)

@Organista1 good idea. I'd like to target 9 - 10 player tournaments, with a good amount of chips. I need to finalize numbers on these before buying chips. :)

Welcome to PCF! Great folks here who will be willing to give you any advice you require. Your wallet is going to hate you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom