Hello from the UK. (1 Viewer)

Chipz105

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi all,

New member here from the UK. Started playing poker here socially in pubs about 10 years and progressed to running my own weekly game which regularly maxed out at 30 runners (it was a small pub and we couldn't fit more than 3 tables in it)! I would often have a home game with the friends I made there and a few years ago I bought a set of Paulson Private Cardroom chips from a regular contributor to the old Home Poker Tourney forum. I also used to enjoy the Chiptalk forums but think that is now closed too?

Brian.

Welcome to PCF!!! Yes chiptalk is no longer active. Sounds like you're a part of/host quite a healthy game which is awesome!! PCR are lovely chips!

Welcome from Wales! Always good to meet a fellow UK chipper.
Hi. Where in Wales? I have family in Caersws (near Newtown).

Welcome to PCF!!! Yes chiptalk is no longer active. Sounds like you're a part of/host quite a healthy game which is awesome!! PCR are lovely chips!
Does anyone know what happened to Home Poker Tourney? That was a great resource for all things poker and I doubt I could have set up the pub game I ran without the help of members there. I looked at the archived forum url and browsed but couldn't see any mention of impending closure. Didn't realise it had been quite so long since I visited it actually. Hope nothing happened to the guy that ran it.

Does anyone know what happened to Home Poker Tourney? That was a great resource for all things poker and I doubt I could have set up the pub game I ran without the help of members there. I looked at the archived forum url and browsed but couldn't see any mention of impending closure. Didn't realise it had been quite so long since I visited it actually. Hope nothing happened to the guy that ran it.
Not sure. @BGinGA @Lil Tuna @Tommy do you guys know?

Ahhhh, no way, small world! I'm in Cardiff. Thinking about trying to arrange a UK chippers meet / weekend of poker somewhere next year.

Site owner was killed in a motorcycle accident.
Oh no. How terrible. I can hear his voice now as he reviewed chips in videos posted to his site. Sad to think that community just disappeared after he passed away.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom