Hello from the "Other Place" (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The exodus of the chip fanatics. Glad to be here.

Get that awesome chip design thread posted here, so we can get back to work without being jammed up by the infrastructure!

SO, I have to ask . . . I know that Jim is in a long streak of "no sales", but is something going on over at the blue wall of chipdom that caused this exodus? Lack of activity? General boredom? Was never all that active over there so . . . what's the scoop?

SO, I have to ask . . . I know that Jim is in a long streak of "no sales", but is something going on over at the blue wall of chipdom that caused this exodus? Lack of activity? General boredom? Was never all that active over there so . . . what's the scoop?

It done broke. And da fixer jus' ain't fixin' it.

Quite frankly, not a big deal, except a fair number of people have paid goodly sums of money to keep the site up and working. I personally have been utilizing it to get CPC's FDL mold fixed. While I was still freeloading, CPC has spent $$$ and the connection was going to result in a profit for CPC. Now we cannot communicate outside of email and this makes it difficult to bring others onto the FDL fold - thus preventing them from maximizing their profit... which is at the very least a breach of contract on behalf of the Blue Wall.

So now word is going around about Tommy's place over here. I still try to use the other site, but it thwarts me constantly - infinite reloading of a page, database errors trying to post, etc.

I have been out of commission for almost a year now and I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. What has been going on???? I have missed all of you and it is so good to see so many familiar faces.

Nothing to do with the chiproom. Site is unattended with db errors preventing new post updates for days, among other problems and lack of services. Admin not responding to mods or users and apparently the only one who has access to fix. Family crisis for admin but he has been awol for years. I think the members have had enough of paying for subpar site. If it had remained minimally functional probably no mass exodus.

It done broke. And da fixer jus' ain't fixin' it.

Quite frankly, not a big deal, except a fair number of people have paid goodly sums of money to keep the site up and working. I personally have been utilizing it to get CPC's FDL mold fixed. While I was still freeloading, CPC has spent $$$ and the connection was going to result in a profit for CPC. Now we cannot communicate outside of email and this makes it difficult to bring others onto the FDL fold - thus preventing them from maximizing their profit... which is at the very least a breach of contract on behalf of the Blue Wall.

So now word is going around about Tommy's place over here. I still try to use the other site, but it thwarts me constantly - infinite reloading of a page, database errors trying to post, etc.

I'm here.

I didn't know about this place before. I like it.

On the FDL situation I sent David my deposit Friday morning which is when he said he needed it by to get things going. I sent more than what he said he needed to add to what everyone else had paid so we should be good to go. Every time I check over there the site won't work.

I'm gonna keep my Par-a-Dice GB going over there, I think, but it is DEAD right now...

For the sake of other in-progress group buys (CPS, for example), I hope they get the problems resolved.

Yeah, CPS is such a monster that it almost has to stay... At least Joe should have all the direct contact info from invoices if push comes to shove.

(BTW, I added an avatar. Where do I send my $200?)

I talked to Jim the other day. He said he has a line on some new chips. He sent me one of his PayPal 'Buy Now' buttons so I can test it in his ChipRoom forum. Tested and working perfectly so there should be no issues when the chips come to market.

Hello everyone!

Sean gave me a heads up about PCF - cheers, bud! Looks like a groovy site, I look forward to checking it out!

Toby! I feel like I should have that Norm Cheers gif on repeat. All the motherf*ckers showing up here. Awesome!

I'm here.

I didn't know about this place before. I like it.

On the FDL situation I sent David my deposit Friday morning which is when he said he needed it by to get things going. I sent more than what he said he needed to add to what everyone else had paid so we should be good to go. Every time I check over there the site won't work.

Just paid my down payment :) fingers crossed the mold works again. apparently it is about 80% to work and will know within a few days

Just paid my down payment :) fingers crossed the mold works again. apparently it is about 80% to work and will know within a few days
Good luck with the mold. Save me a sample set!

Anybody know if "he who shall not be named" from the other forum is here with his eBay sales?

Haven't seen the screen name before but it wouldn't surprise me to see him here as a wolf dressed in sheep's clothing. I did see a bunch of his eBay listings show up in my Paulson feed for the first time in a long, long time. I thought I filtered him out but maybe those things have expiration dates (or he's just been inactive on the 'Bay).

Yes, the drinks are better here, and cheaper. And the floor-show is better as well. Maybe we should gather all the refugees together for a celebratory GB.

I have just spent my first evening browsing this site. It is so much faster and more responsive than the "other site." And it works. Praise the chip gods. We have a new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom