Hello from Sweden (1 Viewer)

HMK

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hello everybody! Been lurking in the shadows for some time and figured it was about time to say hello.

Way back in 2005 when the poker boom was indeed booming here in Sweden, the online tables were generous and i bought myself a set of 440 paulson cdi. Later, poker wasn't booming quite as much, games became scarse, children were born, and well, life in general happened. And so it came to pass that the chips stayed mostly in their racks untill finally they were all but forgotten.

Then one day it happened, a friend suggested we got together for some poker and this incredible itch almost instantly came back. Dusted of my precious chips and bought some fresh deck of cards. Of course, the itch became more than a little rash, rather more like being bitten by a thousand mosquitos on the same evening, and I ventured back to that same dark place that got me smitten by high end chips in 2005; The bloody internet and forums just like this very one. Curse you all. Twice!

So i found out that my old chips had themselves a fantastic monetary development over the last decade. Damn. I admit, my first thought was i need to sell these chips. And I need to do it fast before all of you realize these prices are insane. My second thought was why, really why, do i only own 440 of these?

So i was a university student back then and I guess 440 was really around 439 more than i could afford and i bought like the exact minimum for a good 10 player game. Even with option för some rebuys.

Today, pushing dangerously near 40, i still probobly need to keep my desires for more chips a secret from the mrs...But something within me says i need all those possesions i wanted back then. I need high end chips. Like badly. Undoubtly there's no denying the facts, i better just embrace this mid-life crisis.

So once again, hello everybody!

Cheers/ Martin

Thanks for the welcomes. Sure, i can get a picture sorted out tomorrow. But i'm afraid it won't be all that special. Just some 2005 isthmus chips.

Martin welcome to the forum!!! Keeping Poker chip purchase secrets from the Mrs. goes without saying.

Reactions: HMK
As promised, my paulson 2005 cdi. Got a few diffrent brand of cards too. I think i actually prefer the ones that are suposed to be the cheapest (in truth, they all cost about the same, maybe the dal negros was a bit more). The modianos are a bit sturdier and less slippery than Copaqs and I like the large index for playability. Well, well. Buying cards is a lot less expensive than chips at least.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom