Hello From Pakistan! (1 Viewer)

holdemhigh75

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello!
My names Raza Khan, and Im from Pakistan. Got into poker during the early days of Texas Holdem on Facebook, I believe it was 2006 or 2007? Been all too long to remember clearly now.

Little did I know how poker would catch up on me. Our first real game back then was 200 or 300 Pak Rupees min buy in. Initially we would just play live games among close friends with Chinese plastic playing cards. Back then I didnt own any chip sets, so "some friend" would usually bring theirs. That also meant, that anyone who was over at our house to play the game, we all would have to sit and wait for the person to bring the chips! That got frustrating at times, but it was all forgotten once the game started.

It was never about playing as gambling, but rather playing to win and cheer - usually wrapping things up in 2-3 hours.

Gradually a year later I think I purchased my first Poker set, one of those cheap ones. The next upgrade was directly to Paulsons. Same thing with the cards, from cheap chinese decks, to bicycle playing cards, to KEM. Once I purchased KEM, I never went back - KEM and Paulsons was it for my games. Sadly, the table was always my dining table, covered with 3 bedsheets two double folded for padding/cushioning, and the 3rd would drape over them.

For the longest of times, I would play without any Rake, I didn't even know what that meant until much later, as most of the time it was just playing out of fun, and a good get together, and all of us chipping in for a BBQ or burger delivery sometime during the game.

I have been "poker-free" and "gambling-free" for about 3 years now. I sincerely wish to remain this way. Cumulatively I have lost about US$10,000-12000 in about 2 years, when I heavily playing.

Lastly : My advice, dont play at random tables, dont trust people, esp 'poker friends', dont get under peer pressure. Learn to say NO, to invites! GET UP, once you have made profit. If you have lost NO need to continue and play on credit. NEVER DO THAT!

Lastly, its a great game, but the "gambling part will take you down" by that I mean, you will run into debt, you will think of selling stuff, to pay debts, etc.... Stay away from any form of heavy gambling! Host your own games, call only people you know for many years, and those you trust, and even then, never host to play to gamble heavy, You just want to have a good time with friends, a good meal, a good laugh and cheer... and then go back to bed, Happy!

Bless you all. Amen

Hello!
My names Raza Khan

The next upgrade was directly to Paulsons.

Hello Raza! Nice to meet you.

We all love to see pics of chips here, please, do show us that upgrade to Paulsons you made. I'd love to see it. I also made the jump to Paulsons about 1 year ago after first getting a small CPC tournament set.

Welcome! Gambling addiction is serious and pervasive and I appreciate the candid post. I have learned a couple lessons the hard way

Back to the good stuff though...what kind of chips, can we see some pics?!

Hello Everyone and thank you for the warm welcome! I can see the enthusiasm about Paulson now that they are are a rare find and quite highly priced.

Ofcourse I can posts pics of my Paulson set...I’ll take some now and will upload them in a few mins.

Welcome! A little unclear on your post, are you poker and poker chip free now? Back into poker chips?

As previously stated, you cant say Paulson in an intro post without also including pics!! ;)
Grant, I became addicted to poker Esp when I started playing high stakes. Losing 100k PKR a night had no emotional / monetary affect on me. To put things into perspective, a good middle class monthly salary would be 100-150k.

Coming back to your question, yes at first I decided to step back and take a break for the simple reason that my bank balance was going down, and I was losing, and I had no control over me.

While I took this break, I also reflected upon my actions and how I got carried away. Being a Muslim, it’s very clear in my religion that gambling is prohibited. I thought maybe it’s a sign from God that I should quit now. I had a guilt moment and I accepted that what I got into was wrong for me.

So the break eventually led me to leave poker altogether, to the extent that I would not even watch any YouTube tournaments or install an app.

I am not poker chip or Kem card free, I still have about 4 sealed decks and my cherished Paulson set with me.

At one point I ordered 1000pcs chipset worth 500USD, but all of those chips got confiscated by Dubai Airport Customs. Gambling items are forbidden there, Im guessing same fir

As requested..... here it is
Denominations are as follows :
$5 x 50 (1 chip damaged - chipped)
$10 x 125
$25 x 124 (1 chip missing - was 125)
$100 x 125
$500 x 25

Attachments

• DSC_6975.JPG
    DSC_6975.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_6976.JPG
    DSC_6976.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 72

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom