Hello from Orlando! (1 Viewer)

djfayze

Flush
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’ve been a lurker here on PCF since I got into poker about 2 months ago. I’m currently in Orlando although I was born and raised in Utah. I’m a medical student right now and I decided to start hosting a poker night when my wife and a group of other students’ significant others started having girls nights.

Whenever I start a new hobby I go way too hard, and this was no different - I’ve quickly become obsessed with learning the game, researching chips, and building wishlists of things I want. Dice chips lasted for one game before I found this forum and dropped the money on a set of majestics. Bought a cheap table topper and that lasted one game before I sold it and ordered a barrington table that’s arriving tomorrow

Excited to get to know everyone and be a part of this community!

Hello and welcome! So much info here...read away and ask questions as they come up!

Welcome!!! There is a lot of great information and a lot of beautiful chips here!

Welcome @djfayze,
You’ve come to the right place for all things chips and poker. What part of Utah are you from? I love Utah National Parks and outdoor stuff.
Big fan of Moab.
A9214D59-0A77-4BA5-9698-E4DFD289C24A.jpeg

Welcome @djfayze,
You’ve come to the right place for all things chips and poker. What part of Utah are you from? I love Utah National Parks and outdoor stuff.
Big fan of Moab. View attachment 550682

Grew up in southern Utah, St.George to be exact! The national parks were my playground, especially Zion. Spent the last 5 years in Salt Lake City doing my undergrad at the University of Utah.

Welcome! Sounds like you've moved up in the home game world, congratulations
Hope you stick around and enjoy the forum!

Thank you! I’m loving learning the game, but I love the social aspect, hosting, and the camaraderie just as much.

Whenever I start a new hobby I go way too hard,

You don’t know what you are in for. Things tend to escalate quickly here. I didn’t even have China clay chips From Apache in play before I had a second hand compressed clay CPC on the way and a deal for a set of Paulsons.

I am worried one day I am going to wake up at a stranger’s house in Minnesota with a scrub donkey tattoo on my lower back and a hotdog sandwich in my hand.

Welcome! Lots of fantastic old threads to check out and new stuff happening daily.

Next step is to resurface that Barrington table with SSC. This thread here will give you a step by step on that process https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/barrington-poker-table-thread.30910/
I’d be lying if I said I haven’t already put an SSC in my cart and read that thread 3 times

Another thing I’ve thought about doing is adding some LEDs, has anyone done that with a Barrington?

You don’t know what you are in for. Things tend to escalate quickly here. I didn’t even have China clay chips From Apache in play before I had a second hand compressed clay CPC on the way and a deal for a set of Paulsons.

I am worried one day I am going to wake up at a stranger’s house in Minnesota with a scrub donkey tattoo on my lower back and a hotdog sandwich in my hand.

Welcome! Lots of fantastic old threads to check out and new stuff happening daily.

I am fully prepared haha. I’ve gone through a lot of phases and hobbies: sneakers, watches, knives, guns, mountain biking... I’m a serial hobbyist you could say.

Thank you! I’m loving learning the game, but I love the social aspect, hosting, and the camaraderie just as much.
Glad to hear. Hope you continue to enjoy the game and the company. Definitely one of the mainnreasins we love to play is the people we've met

Grew up in southern Utah, St.George to be exact! The national parks were my playground, especially Zion. Spent the last 5 years in Salt Lake City doing my undergrad at the University of Utah.

Love Zion and the St. George area. Actually thinking about moving there to retire someday. Hiked the Narrows, Angels Landing and Observation Point a few years ago.
Just amazing scenery!
9720561F-41A3-4465-8729-B52267B7EF11.jpeg
632E83AB-CDD2-4231-8606-DD067809DCD3.jpeg
142416A0-4934-4A8B-81CD-976059EA073A.jpeg

Hi everyone! I’ve been a lurker here on PCF since I got into poker about 2 months ago. I’m currently in Orlando although I was born and raised in Utah. I’m a medical student right now and I decided to start hosting a poker night when my wife and a group of other students’ significant others started having girls nights.

Whenever I start a new hobby I go way too hard, and this was no different - I’ve quickly become obsessed with learning the game, researching chips, and building wishlists of things I want. Dice chips lasted for one game before I found this forum and dropped the money on a set of majestics. Bought a cheap table topper and that lasted one game before I sold it and ordered a barrington table that’s arriving tomorrow

Greetings from Jacksonville! Love Orlando! Sounds like you and me are very similar! I do the same exact thing when I get into something new, and poker just stuck really hard when I got into it! Now I’m down the chips path and it’s awesome! Sucks that others I play with don’t appreciate the chips as much, but it’s still fun, and being apart of the forum makes it way better!

Let me know if you’re ever in Jax! We’ve always got games going!

Another thing I’ve thought about doing is adding some LEDs, has anyone done that with a Barrington?
I don't think anyone has. The ESPN Barrington table is the same table but already comes with that light, and people don't like that table because of that light. Now it could just be a junk light, but I can't tell you for certain. Find someone in that thread that did a felt replacement on an ESPN table and they can tell you what all is different with that ESPN table. That will at least give you a start on how to add that feature.

Love Zion and the St. George area. Actually thinking about moving there to retire someday. Hiked the Narrows, Angels Landing and Observation Point a few years ago.
Just amazing scenery!View attachment 550715View attachment 550713View attachment 550714

It really is! My hope is to also end up there, hopefully at the end of my residency within the next 10 years. I just loved growing up there and miss the red rock, mountains, and desert. Florida is so different and we are enjoying ourselves, but the west is our home for sure.

Bought a cheap table topper and that lasted one game before I sold it and ordered a barrington table that’s arriving tomorrow

Welcome. I’m fairly new here as well but have learned a lot from the ppl here. Curious - how much did you pay for the table? It’s always a question posed and the price has been escalated recently; I guess it goes on sale closer to the holidays. FYI- the refelting is East and awesome and the same time. I’m a nonDIYer and the thread here made it a breeze.

Welcome. I’m fairly new here as well but have learned a lot from the ppl here. Curious - how much did you pay for the table? It’s always a question posed and the price has been escalated recently; I guess it goes on sale closer to the holidays. FYI- the refelting is East and awesome and the same time. I’m a nonDIYer and the thread here made it a breeze.

So I purchased the “lancaster” table (the barrington with the plain blue felt) for $200. I saw on the thread people mentioning it may go down for Black Friday/Christmas but I honestly was too impatient to wait haha.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom