Hello From Ontario Canada (1 Viewer)

philhut

Flush
Reaction score
Hello All,

I believe I was a member on here over 10 years ago or perhaps it was called chiptalk or homepokertourney, anyway I can't really remember. Anyway I am a 40yo Nurse that works on remote contracts on northern reserves then home, In Canada that requires flying into small remote islands accessible only by plane or boat unless the winter ice roads are open. In the past I had former careers such as Thoroughbred Trainer and Exercise rider, broke a leg a couple of times and spent the downtime playing cards and running some games and dealing a few games etc. Now I am back here to see what is all available. I found this site again after deciding I finally wanted a custom set of poker chips to replace a nice Pharaoh set I used to have to but had to sell to pay for other things. Anyway's the times are a bit better for me now at least so am again in the market for some poker chips

So far I have added a custom classic set and a NCV and $ set of Horseshoes.

welcome! we're gonna need to see some pics...
The Sloth Club Chips are on order and will be made whenever that happens so till pending. Here are the mock ups, simple within the first tier pricing for edgespots to keep the set reasonable. 2030 chips in all

0.25​
123​
1​
203​
5​
403​
10​
203​
25​
333​
100​
333​
500​
183​
1000​
163​
5000​
43​
Bounty
43​
2030​
iD7Hth7.png

The Horse Shoes were just ordered last night so they are about to hit the mail,
For the Indiana's went with and the NCV is the breakdown on the Apache Site. 200/200/40/40/20

1​
300​
2.5​
100​
5​
400​
25​
200​
100​
150​
500​
50​
1000​
10 plaques​

In the short term I have some Crazy Horse chips, I was playing with ponies this morning. Two great things, everyone loves horses

82TOMvr.jpg

Welcome from SW Ontario.
That's interesting -- isn't 90% of Ontario west of Mt. Forest?

I haven't figured out Canadian geography yet. Two of our best friends live in Sarnia, and I might have heard them describe their location as sw Ontario, as well. That makes sense if everything is calculated relative to Toronto, I guess...but it ignores the bulk of the province's area. :cool

Last edited:
That's interesting -- isn't 90% of Ontario west of Mt. Forest?

I haven't figured out Canadian geography yet. Two of our best friends live in Sarnia, and I might have heard them describe their location as sw Ontario, as well. That makes sense of everything is calculated relative to Toronto, I guess...but it ignores the bulk of the province's area. :cool
Geographically the bulk of Ontario is North of the Great Lakes, the greater population density is along Lake Erie and Lake Ontario.

Welcome! I'm a huge horse fan so I'd love more info on your experiences on the track! Also welcome back to chipping and poker! Lots has changed but there are some great sales happening over the holiday weekend!

Welcome! I'm a huge horse fan so I'd love more info on your experiences on the track! Also welcome back to chipping and poker! Lots has changed but there are some great sales happening over the holiday weekend!
I rode Showjumpers as a kid then after University the first time (Kinesiology) and large student loans I decided to take the plunge into racing. Loved it, rode for a few years and got a few injuries that forced me to stop unfortunately. Retrained through workers compensation insurance with another degree in nursing.

If there is anything about reading the form or about how to interpret the betting pools in racing I'd be happy to help out. In reality even as someone who rode the horses daily as an exerciser, broke and brought horses from the point of the field to raceday my odds of picking a winner were really only slightly better than joe public. Racing is not a means to get rich through gambling. At the time before the Liberal government in Ontario devastated racing pulling its profit sharing program with the slots from all tracks horse racing was booming (pre-2010)....working hard you could actually make money or at least break even. even in my last year of nursing school I had a little 3 horse stable of cheap TB's of my actual own. Then the $ was pulled I was looking at bills going from "break-even" if one of my horses could finish ~3rd or better in a race per month to...losing at least $1500-2500/month in just expenses while doing all my own work. This was the end for that unfortunately.

I see. Thank you! That's alot of info! I have owned several off track TBs and ridden/retrained many back into the horse world. It's a bit disappointing to hear Ontario pulled the funds :( I can understand having to give the gig up after that, the expenses that come with aren't easy to carry out of pocket.
I've never been a bettor when it comes tonhoese racing, I just enjoy seeing the animals perform (provided they're treated properly)

Hello All,

I believe I was a member on here over 10 years ago or perhaps it was called chiptalk or homepokertourney, anyway I can't really remember. Anyway I am a 40yo Nurse that works on remote contracts on northern reserves then home, In Canada that requires flying into small remote islands accessible only by plane or boat unless the winter ice roads are open. In the past I had former careers such as Thoroughbred Trainer and Exercise rider, broke a leg a couple of times and spent the downtime playing cards and running some games and dealing a few games etc. Now I am back here to see what is all available. I found this site again after deciding I finally wanted a custom set of poker chips to replace a nice Pharaoh set I used to have to but had to sell to pay for other things. Anyway's the times are a bit better for me now at least so am again in the market for some poker chips

So far I have added a custom classic set and a NCV and $ set of Horseshoes.
I type nonsensical words on a computer all day... You win.

What an interesting line of work and history!

Hello and welcome! Awesome piece! Mine is blued vs stainless;)!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom