Hello from Oakland CA (1 Viewer)

PickinPockets

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Bought a set of china Clays for cheap off FB marketplace 2 years ago and they are falling apart. Looking to buy a new set of chips since friends and friend of friends want to play more often. Paulson's are way out of my budget so I will be looking to see what alternatives are out there. Thanks!

Honestly? I'd jump on a Cards Mold GB. Can't beat the pricing if there is a semi-standard design that catches your eye - and there are A LOT of designs.

For the price, these will last you plenty long enough to make a long-term decision should you feel the need to grab something better. Beyond that, everything starts coming down to personal opinion. Like for me, personally, I'd never buy anything CPC since Paulsons are plentiful enough that it's a pretty close price point. Other long time chippers who have 5 figures in Paulsons are still purchasing or adding on to their generic CPC because they like them so much.

There's lots of pretty cool other stuff you can get. I've enjoyed some of the offerings from vendors like BRPoker, https://brpropoker.com/collections/...oducts/copy-of-dia-de-los-muertos-poker-chips. The problem is, I'd like to pay closer to .40 a chip if I'm getting something mass produced like those.

Lastly, drive over for a game. Our furthest game from you is about an hour, and you can see plenty of amazing chips hit the felt. Good times.

Hi, and welcome from San Jose! I'm with @BarrieJ3. If you're looking at the best value for price, so far the group buys (or even a direct buy) of the ceramic chips from China are your best bet.

I did my own design and purchased direct. Pricing is around .55¢ per chip all-in for your own creative design vs. ~.40¢ (or cheaper) in a group buy. If you like tribute sets or designs that already exist then joining the next group buy is your option.

CPC chips are also great! I have 3 sets of customs from them. However, pricing continues to rise (just hit another price increase starting 2023) so you're looking around $3/chip depending on your edge spots. If you can afford them they are great feeling chips that I love more and more the more I play them.

Do you have any preferences? Budget? What do you like or hate about your china clays?

3D mockup of the design I sent in for my ceramic set. Waiting for the real chips which are currently being manufactured:
3D Stacks5.png

Honestly? I'd jump on a Cards Mold GB. Can't beat the pricing if there is a semi-standard design that catches your eye - and there are A LOT of designs.

For the price, these will last you plenty long enough to make a long-term decision should you feel the need to grab something better. Beyond that, everything starts coming down to personal opinion. Like for me, personally, I'd never buy anything CPC since Paulsons are plentiful enough that it's a pretty close price point. Other long time chippers who have 5 figures in Paulsons are still purchasing or adding on to their generic CPC because they like them so much.

There's lots of pretty cool other stuff you can get. I've enjoyed some of the offerings from vendors like BRPoker, https://brpropoker.com/collections/...oducts/copy-of-dia-de-los-muertos-poker-chips. The problem is, I'd like to pay closer to .40 a chip if I'm getting something mass produced like those.

Lastly, drive over for a game. Our furthest game from you is about an hour, and you can see plenty of amazing chips hit the felt. Good times.
Got it! Yeah, I will for sure take a look at Cards Mold GB. I have seen some very nice Paulson on this forums and maybe one day I will get a set, but for now its not in my budget. Ideally would like to spend under 1k for a set I can use for a few years. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Hi, and welcome from San Jose! I'm with @BarrieJ3. If you're looking at the best value for price, so far the group buys (or even a direct buy) of the ceramic chips from China are your best bet.

I did my own design and purchased direct. Pricing is around .55¢ per chip all-in for your own creative design vs. ~.40¢ (or cheaper) in a group buy. If you like tribute sets or designs that already exist then joining the next group buy is your option.

CPC chips are also great! I have 3 sets of customs from them. However, pricing continues to rise (just hit another price increase starting 2023) so you're looking around $3/chip depending on your edge spots. If you can afford them they are great feeling chips that I love more and more the more I play them.

Do you have any preferences? Budget? What do you like or hate about your china clays?

3D mockup of the design I sent in for my ceramic set. Waiting for the real chips which are currently being manufactured:View attachment 1055666
Oh wow those look amazing! $0.55/ chip is not bad at all; I will take a look. I have ordered a few sample sets from CPC, BRPROPOKER, and also SlowPlay. I like the feel of CPC type chip overall, but price wise its too much for now. Looking to spend ~1k-2k for a set (honestly the lower the better). I did not like the smell and texture of the china clays I have and of course they started to crumble :cry:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom