Hello from North Carolina (1 Viewer)

swayze

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi there everyone,

Started a local cash game up at the beginning of this year with a few close friends. Of course that led to me wanting take my poker setup to the next level.. chips, table, chairs, you name it.. Little did I know that would lead me to researching poker chips for 2-3 hours a day for the past 2 weeks :)

Anyhow, glad I found this place. Have already learned a lot without ever making a post.

Ordered a sample set of DDLM (still learning all the acronyms) and, regrettably, a Lady Luck Caruthersville sample set. I say regrettably because I liked the Paulsons way more than the ceramics, which is going to hurt the wallet!

Most frustrating thing I've come across thus far is finding a set of chips that I like (LL) and then not being able to find them for sale anywhere. Though I guess that's the name of the game. Interested in any and all advice, good-to-knows, etc.

Cheers!

welcome!

it might take a little while to build the set you want, but keep an eye on the classifieds and/or post a wanted ad there - you never know what you can shake loose with the right offer.

there are still some HSI $1s available for $0.60/chip here if those strike your fancy as a starting point, you simply can't go wrong with brand new paulsons for that price!

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/black-friday-sale.64636/

Hello and welcome! Take your time and build slowly if necessary. Before you know it you’ll have a set you love!

Welcome to the forum and sorry for what is going to happen to your wallet. If you know what you like, be patient. Things show up in the classifieds all the time. Based on experience, it is less expensive to buy what you want the first time. And then buy the next sparkly thing to catch your eye. Rinse and repeat.

welcome!

it might take a little while to build the set you want, but keep an eye on the classifieds and/or post a wanted ad there - you never know what you can shake loose with the right offer.

there are still some HSI $1s available for $0.60/chip here if those strike your fancy as a starting point, you simply can't go wrong with brand new paulsons for that price!

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/black-friday-sale.64636/
thanks! you're right.. that seems like a great price on those HSI's

Welcome from Raleigh, NC
thank you sir! I actually lived in Raleigh for 8 years.. love that place

Welcome to the forum and sorry for what is going to happen to your wallet. If you know what you like, be patient. Things show up in the classifieds all the time. Based on experience, it is less expensive to buy what you want the first time. And then buy the next sparkly thing to catch your eye. Rinse and repeat
thanks for the advice!

There will always be a market for selling your "mistakes" so enjoy what you have.
touche! I'll just tell myself that to justify impulse purchases :)

Hello and welcome! Take your time and build slowly if necessary. Before you know it you’ll have a set you love!
..but i want everything now! jk.. most things worth having take time. thanks for the message!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom