Hello from NJ (1 Viewer)

willump

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm a new grad working NYC but commute from NJ. A friend recommended me to this forum and I've already spent way too much time reading through posts. I played quite a bit in college but was finally looking to upgrade to some custom chips (but some of these group buys look very tempting).

I fell into the custom mechanical keyboard hobby and I'm ready to look to fall into this one as well!

Welcome to PCF. Have you thought about your budget yet? There are many PCF members on here that can give you a rough idea of what you can do with a budget.

A friend recommended me to this forum
Hahaha - is he your friend? You might not think so in a year when you've spent $5,000 on little circular clay discs ...

Welcome! Exit 8 on the Tpk for me...

I fell into the custom mechanical keyboard hobby and I'm ready to look to fall into this one as well!
Ooooh - Post some info here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/official-pcf-keyboard-thread.89448/
Would love to hear about your keyboard journey as well; I just switched to the GMMK2 65% and am getting used to it.

Welcome to PCF. Have you thought about your budget yet? There are many PCF members on here that can give you a rough idea of what you can do with a budget.
I have a budget of around $250-$300. I have a general idea to start around cards mold but I'm open to any of ideas too

Welcome from exits 132 / 11 :tup:

Ummm... what exit is NW of Baltimore?? Y'all and your short ass turnpike (kidding, we have enough tolls here too!)

Absolutely amazing members in the Jersey Fam @willump I would highly suggest trying to play in some of these games when you can as these guys have just about every type of chip you would ever want to touch, and many of them play Micro stakes for say $50 or less to buy in and they play pretty regularly. My beautiful better half and I come up every year for a meet up with @Irish In North Jersey
IMG_2766.JPG.jpg

Fantastic people man, genuine kind hearted friends that would do just about anything for anyone. Some of us are a bit older obviously (average age if this group is probably 42 ish) but we have some younger players in @moechar and @Richard Ye . It's really about networking... sure you can read a ton about chips, but sitting with a seasoned collector that can explain the different aspects of them and why certain chips might feel a certain way or cost what seems to be a crazy price, also people that took the same steps you are taking and can help you understand the difference between cards molds and DDLM chips, not the designs...but the quality of a ceramic as that seems to be the way you are leaning right now.

Careful with the budget man,I hope you have more reserve then most of us! I literally though people were crazy paying $3 a chip for silly poker chips 3 years ago... and now I hunt chuos in the $30 -$50 each category on a regular basis. If you spend that bigger and keep itching and looking at the classifieds for MORE! Then yeah... you are just one of us,welcome to "broke town" for a couple years... if you are lucky, for some of us there is simply no escape!

Fellow Chipper Ben

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom