Hello from New England (1 Viewer)

churlbut18

Full House
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm a 37 year old male living in central Massachusetts. I've been playing cards ever since I can remember but poker specifically really became a passion of mine when still in high school and Rounders came out in 1998. For years we played dealer's choice games such as baseball, 7 card stud, etc... Then, like many of you, the Moneymaker effect took hold in 2003 and Texas Hold'em has been the ONLY game of choice since.

I make it down to Foxwoods a few times a year where I generally still prefer the 2/4 and 4/8 limit games. I like to settle in for long 12-16 hour sessions if I'm lucky enough.

As far as my home game goes, it has been on and off for the past 10-15 years but I once again have the itch. I'm looking to start it back up again, but this time, doing it right. Better structure, new chips (yes, NEW chips), KEM cards, etc... All things I'm just discovering now believe it or not, after stumbling across forums such as this. I can't believe I'm only finding this out now. I feel like I've missed out as I've spent several weeks lurking and reading through many of the older forum threads. Up until now, it has been Bicycle cards and the red/white/blue composite chips.

I feel like I'm quickly turning into a "chipoholic". It really is like an addiction. I've ordered 15 sample sets (mostly stock, some ceramics, some china clays, and yes, 1 Paulson sample set for comparison sake) in the past two weeks from a variety of vendors. My objective is to find a nice 500 chip set for Tournament play and a separate 500 chip set for the side cash games (at least to start with, lol). I'll likely start out with stock sets to get started, before diving into the customs or real clays.

It's nice to meet you all and I look forward to participating in some of the discussions going forward.

Welcome aboard. Well it looks like you are off to a good start. You must have been watching because you got rule #1 down when starting. Sample, samples and samples. Good luck and let us know what direction you head. We can help...... But watch your wallet.

David

Last edited:
Welcome. There's definitely a lot to look at and take in around here. Enjoy.

Welcome to PCF!!!!

Ha, I must have dyslexia (or am just very tired). I saw your threat title and it read like:

Hello New From England...

Then I read you saying you're from central Mass, lol I said, huh? Ha!

Welcome to PCF, you are off to a great start with signing up here and, most importantly, getting SAMPLE sets...#1 thing to do.

May your wallet be empty and your CHIP racks be full..

hnOJb.jpg

I almost welcomed you. Ha!
Hope you’re not flooded out there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom