Hello from Michigan (1 Viewer)

Yeah usually just HE, but would like to start mixing in some PLO and pineapple. As far as stakes go, usually 0.25/0.25 with 20 buy ins, or $10-$20 tournaments.

First off welcome to the Forum.

Do you guys play games like GUTS? In college many many years ago before the poker craze we usually played Dealers choice. Yes a lot of HE, 5 Card Draw, and 7 Card Stud was played. But the biggest money Generators were Aces Duecy (aka High Low) and GUTS. There were other games like Midnight Baseball thrown in. One time we started off with .25C ante 3 card GUTS once and we had gotten to a Pot of $5,000. It was the craziest pot I was involved with in college. It was fun.

First off welcome to the Forum.

Do you guys play games like GUTS? In college many many years ago before the poker craze we usually played Dealers choice. Yes a lot of HE, 5 Card Draw, and 7 Card Stud was played. But the biggest money Generators were Aces Duecy (aka High Low) and GUTS. There were other games like Midnight Baseball thrown in. One time we started off with .25C ante 3 card GUTS once and we had gotten to a Pot of $5,000. It was the craziest pot I was involved with in college. It was fun.
Kids these days just seem to want to play nlhe. I remember playing all the above in high school and college, we still do sometimes today. I did get the boys to play one hand of fixed limit (25 cent) Omaha on Saturday to test the waters. I suspect they will start getting bored with just nlhe at some point.

Kids these days just seem to want to play nlhe. I remember playing all the above in high school and college, we still do sometimes today. I did get the boys to play one hand of fixed limit (25 cent) Omaha on Saturday to test the waters. I suspect they will start getting bored with just nlhe at some point.
Yeah I’m definitely willing and open to playing different games but a lot of my buddies would rather just play HE.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom