Hello from MA (1 Viewer)

SimpleFish

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello from MA. Been playing with my milano set for two years. I love it, just not the 25cent chips (mostly color wise). I am looking out for my second set these days, eyes on Nevada Jacks so far. I also bought the CPC rounders samples and Nile Club samples, not super pleased :(

Hello and welcome to the forum! As suggested above, consider sharing what you didn’t like and there’s a chance someone can suggest something different. Some own...ahh......a “few” different sets to draw comparisons from!!

Hello and welcome. Hard to believe your not impressed with the CPC chips, they’re the best of the chips you mentioned by far IMO.

Welcome! What did you not like about the CPC chips?
Maybe I am getting used to smooth edges like Milano set. I feel the closest I know is Nevada Jacks. Rounders chips has a nice weight and feel but edges not as smooth. Same with Nile Club, and the color on Nile club is not matching what was shown on websites.. I am not sure if it is the sample I am getting is strange.

I play 0.25c/0.5c or 0.5c/0.5c $50 buyin with my friends a lot, so I pay a lot attention to chips with low denominations. The $1 Milano chips are just lovely IMO. So I find it pretty hard to find a set to replace Milano. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• Image from iOS (3).jpg
    Image from iOS (3).jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 68
Hello and welcome from Boston. Where about a are you from?

I’m not a CPC guy either so don’t worry ha

Welcome from Boston! I feel like we've got enough PCF-Boston members for at least a full table or two!

Welcome from MA!

Welcome from the south shore!

Like how this turned into a Boston/MA thread. +1. And welcome!
Wow, I did not expect so many members from Boston/MA area here. I went to school in BU so definitely love the city.

Wow, I did not expect so many members from Boston/MA area here. I went to school in BU so definitely love the city.
Trying to think... we have Somerville, Charlestown, and I want to say 1-2 others in town. Another 5-6 inside 95. Again welcome to the site! Any questions just reach out.

Maybe I am getting used to smooth edges like Milano set. I feel the closest I know is Nevada Jacks. Rounders chips has a nice weight and feel but edges not as smooth. Same with Nile Club, and the color on Nile club is not matching what was shown on websites.. I am not sure if it is the sample I am getting is strange.

I play 0.25c/0.5c or 0.5c/0.5c $50 buyin with my friends a lot, so I pay a lot attention to chips with low denominations. The $1 Milano chips are just lovely IMO. So I find it pretty hard to find a set to replace Milano. What do you guys think?
So that is because CPC are real clay while the others are China clay (clay composite) or ceramic.
Brand new CPCs have sharper edges. Shuffle them daily for about a week and you'll notice the sharpness will be slightly less. The more use/shuffling they get the more the sharpness will reduce

Welcome. If you really like the Milanos better than the Rounders, consider yourself lucky - turn around and run. Your wallet will thank you! :LOL: :laugh:

Welcome. If you really like the Milanos better than the Rounders, consider yourself lucky - turn around and run. Your wallet will thank you! :LOL: :laugh:
I have been thinking about what you said. Especially after digging around the Paulson chips threads and the chip room for sale threads. I love how the HSI secondary set looks but when I look at the price of that... I question if that is too much of a jump to me and if I would be please by the purchase experience at all.. Looking for the perfect chip set is indeed hard one.

This reminds of all those nights watching videos by @Hobbyphilic ( and cheers to you). I thought my dream set would be tiki kings. But now I dont know anymore. smh

I have been thinking about what you said. Especially after digging around the Paulson chips threads and the chip room for sale threads. I love how the HSI secondary set looks but when I look at the price of that... I question if that is too much of a jump to me and if I would be please by the purchase experience at all.. Looking for the perfect chip set is indeed hard one.

This reminds of all those nights watching videos by @Hobbyphilic ( and cheers to you). I thought my dream set would be tiki kings. But now I dont know anymore. smh

There's 100% nothing wrong with sticking with the Milanos, they're great chips for the price. My first non-dice chips were a set of china clay private cardrooms, we happily used that set for years. Part of me wishes we still did, I'd have a much bigger bank account lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom