Hello from Florida (1 Viewer)

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm usually a lurker but I figured I'd go ahead and introduce myself.

I love poker and enjoy studying and playing but sadly I don't know enough people who are interested in home games. I'm working on it though, and it's still fun to think about owning a nice set of chips someday.

I have a lot of the Discount Poker Shop Monacos and I really do like how they look and feel best out of the slugged chips. The weight doesn't bother me and I'll happily use them as I try to get a group together.

I've also got samples from BRPro Poker (Lucky Dragons), Key Wests, and a stack of Bellagio 1s. The ceramics feel a lot better than I expected, but they don't really compare to either of the others. I love just about everything about the Key West design, the retro colors, the edge spots and mold, and the lazy Florida-esqe atmosphere. But it's a nontrivially big purchase to get a decent set and my worry is at that price range the only people who care how nice the Key Wests are would scoff at me for not having Paulsons or CPC Customs. Because I do feel the difference in the Bellagio chips and I can understand why some people would only gravitate toward that, even if I don't necessarily feel the same. Plus refreshing classifieds and spending boatloads of money on incomplete sets sounds like a nightmare.

So yeah, likely back to lurking for me until I decide to take a bigger plunge, but this community has been an interesting read so far, so thanks for that! Seeing everyone's nice customs has been particularly enjoyable.

Weclome to the forum! What part of Florida are you in? We have lots of FL members here.

Welcome @Ghostwheel ! I hope you decide to participate in the forum, not just Lurk! Poker chips are awesome, but the more you participate the more you realize this hobby is about way more than just poker chips!

I always recommend if at all possible reach out to local chippers and try to get into an already established game! Not only do they often have lots of cool chips to check out, but you can learn a ton on how to properly run a home game! Chris aka @Schmendr1ck above is a good friend and awesome chipper! Even if it is a bit of a drive I would recommend trying to make it to his game in the future!

If I can ever be of assistance with any thing feel free to reach out anytime!

Fellow Chipper Ben

Welcome. Miami checking in.

The Key Wests have a great Florida vibe. Maybe you can find a set in the classified via a Wanted ad and you can always resell them if they aren’t a good fit.

Welcome fellow Floridian! Jacksonville checking in. Any fellow PCFer is always welcome at my .50/.50 game.

Welcome to PCF!

If you're in central Florida (specifically east Orlando/UCF area), send me a PM. I just restarted my monthly low-stakes cash game, and I'm always looking for new players!
I still need to make it to this! I’m like 10 mins south of the airport on Boggy Creek rd. Although guaranteed I’ll be the fish at the table ha.

christmas-welcome.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom