Hello from Florida (2 Viewers)

PocketDux

Waiting List
Reaction score
New member checking in from the Sunshine State. Just recently found the time to start playing some live poker again. Used to play often in Tunica, MS when I lived in Arkansas, but work, life, etc took priority and poker went to the back seat...for like over a decade. Now, I have moved to the west coast of Florida and have been hitting some local card rooms again, FUN, FUN, FUN.

Now that the poker bug has bitten again I'm looking into possibly getting a game going weekly and we all know what that means....NEW CHIPS.

So, here's to poker and the quest for the proper and necessary upgrades to old game gear.

Welcome to the forum! Like @FordPickup92 and myself I believe you just happened to join in an area where several members already live! Everyone will tell you buy sample sets to figure out what you prefer... but in the case that you enjoy the home poker scene I highly recommend finding a local game that is hosted by chippers. Often many of us have pretty significant collections and can show you the different options anand let you check them out without having to pay harsh sticker prices!

My advice is this... if you can afford it, skip the lower end stuff. Go straight to the higher end Clay chips, they don't decrease in value like the ceramics and low end plastics that you unfortunately are paying a high sticker price for owning them first!

Depending on where in Florida we have a members map here run by @pokerzonbie, you can check that out and find other members around you, use the mail button at the top and drop them a message and see if you can catch an invite to an already existing group of players! Chippers are the most awesome poker buddies, it may seem weird at first but most are very inviting and in no time you will feel right at home!

If I can ever help with anything feel free to reach out via PM... again with the mail button. Also a nice table and chairs will serve you 100 times better than quality chips, 95% of your playing field will probably not care at all about the hips you are using... it's just a hobby that we all share and truly enjoy. Again 9/10 people would know the difference between a $.50 chip and a $10 chip... chippers do but for the most part a bright inviting fun atmosphere makes all the difference!

Felliw Chipper Ben

Proper and necessary is an understatement... might want to get a few extra sets just to be safe. Welcome!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom