Hello from CT (1 Viewer)

silva

Reaction score
Hello everyone, checking in from Connecticut!

After some failed attempts over the years of hosting a regular cash game, I have finally found a core group of guys and got a regular game going. Now I'm wanting to start upgrading my set up (currently using dice chips). In doing my research has led me here, which from my little bit of lurking seems to be a great place to go broke! If anyone has any recommendations for a noob I'd love to hear it!

Get samples, and take your time. Don't spend hundreds because you want something immediately instead of waiting for what will actually make you happy. Welcome, homie.

Hi and welcome. It will depend on a cash set or a tournament set, and of course, how much lighter you want to make your wallet as to what chips you will lust.
Nice looking chips can be had in the monthly group buys, either already designed, or to submit a custom set design of your own.
Those can be had for $0.33 - $0.39 per chip, which is the best price you will find on this site. The downside is that it takes 2 months to get the chips on the group buys.
The classified section may be another source.
Good Luck with your search.

Welcome !
Anything here will be better than your dices, so no stress :LOL: :laugh:
As @NotRealNameNoSir says get samples, see what you like the most, take your time to choose.
And enjoy your home games !

Thanks everyone! That's some solid advice, I'm definitely guilty of purchasing something too quickly and being disappointed with the product. I'll for sure take some time and find something that I'll be happy with. Next step is ordering samples!

Welcome to a fellow CT PCFer!

As far as first sets go I agree with most who say to get samples. I was lucky enough to buy a huge sample set off another chipper that helped me make my first choice. I started with a set of China Clay Pharoahs, but it’s hard to beat the bang for the buck of the cards mold/Tina chips. The jury’s still out on their longevity, but for the price it may still be worth it. Good luck to you (and your wallet)!

Wasn't there a thread somewhere where new members could get on a list to borrow a group of samples for a period ?

Wasn't there a thread somewhere where new members could get on a list to borrow a group of samples for a period ?
Yeah I found that thread, it looks like it hasnt really been active for a couple of years :confused. If you know of anywhere I could get a bunch of samples I'd appreciate it! Also would want to check out a sample of the cards mold.

Yeah I found that thread, it looks like it hasnt really been active for a couple of years :confused. If you know of anywhere I could get a bunch of samples I'd appreciate it! Also would want to check out a sample of the cards mold.
Check out @justincarothers for card mold and no mold samples

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom