Hello from Canada! (2 Viewers)

crake420

High Hand
Reaction score
Hey there,

First time poster and member here! Ive always had it in the back of mind to put together a nice cash and tourney set for my home games, but then I stumbled upon PCF and now I'm pretty sure I'm hooked (my eyes are burning from hours of perusing the forum lol). Anywho, would love any tips for a first time buyer! Hope everyones having a good Thursday.

Neil

... would love any tips for a first time buyer!
#1 - Get Samples!
#2 - Take your time before you decide - better to love the chips you buy rather than regret and try to sell them after a couple of months because your tastes matured or evolved
#3 - What you like is more important than the opinions of anyone else
#4 - Get Samples (yeah, I already said it once, but it is worth repeating)

Welcome to the forum. There is talk about trying to get a Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley Meetup happening post-Covid. Hope to meet you there!

#1 - Get Samples!
#2 - Take your time before you decide - better to love the chips you buy rather than regret and try to sell them after a couple of months because your tastes matured or evolved

Welcome to the forum. There is talk about trying to get a Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley Meetup happening post-Covid. Hope to meet you there!
Welcome, and despite @LotsOfChips claims, samples are for suckers. Jump right in there and don’t dick around

Hey there man! Welcome aboard!

I'm pretty far out from the city, I live in Mission. I've managed to collect a few different Paulson sets and a few others as well.

Can share any information you may need and I've got a ton of experience importing and exporting chips.

Be careful and watch your budget, unless you don't have one, then you will not have a problem.

I'd still recommend the samples bit, but diving right in is okay too. I started with sets and got into samples sets after. Not a wasted effort. I LOVE singles and samples. It's also not a huge bother to catch and release and it's part of the hobby. Many times, you need to sample barrels and such to really get a feel and broad view of a chipset you have your mind on. A single chip of each doesn't suffice sometimes. So YMMV!

Samples are good, but I also agree with @legend672 , don't dick around if you know you want something!

Hello neighbour
Coquitlam here
Welcome aboard!!!
Hey! I'm just down the road from you in Vancouver!
PM if you have any chips you're looking to part with, would help me save on shipping.
-neil

#1 - Get Samples!

Thanks for the tips:)

If you have any chips you're looking to part with shoot me a PM. Would help me save on shipping since you're just a hop and a skip from me.

-neil

Welcome, and despite @LotsOfChips claims, samples are for suckers. Jump right in there and don’t dick around
I appreciate your gumption!

Hey there man! Welcome aboard!

I'm pretty far out from the city, I live in Mission. I've managed to collect a few different Paulson sets and a few others as well.

Can share any information you may need and I've got a ton of experience importing and exporting chips.

Be careful and watch your budget, unless you don't have one, then you will not have a problem.

I'd still recommend the samples bit, but diving right in is okay too. I started with sets and got into samples sets after. Not a wasted effort. I LOVE singles and samples. It's also not a huge bother to catch and release and it's part of the hobby. Many times, you need to sample barrels and such to really get a feel and broad view of a chipset you have your mind on. A single chip of each doesn't suffice sometimes. So YMMV!

Samples are good, but I also agree with @legend672 , don't dick around if you know you want something!
Hey! Thanks for all the help! Mission ain't too far.

If you're looking to let go of any in your collection I'd love to see what you've got. Right now I'm gonna start out by putting together a nice cash set for my home games once the covid restrictions end ( 25c, 1's, 5's, 25's i think).

All the best,

Neil

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom