Hello from Bucks County PA (1 Viewer)

sancor20

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello from SE PA. 52 year old soon-to-be empty nester looking to get back into the game and build upon my previous chip collection. Thank God I didn’t sell my Paulson chips when I put the game down for a few child raising years. I was surprised to see how valuable they have become but like many of you on this site, I certainly understand.

A good chunk of my family lived in Bucks County- but that was a loooong time ago.

On the forum for almost 6 hours... mentioning old school Paulsons... not one person asks for pictures? Wake up people!! Lol

Welcome @sancor20 also in MD here, any chance we get to see your treasures from years past?

@FordPickup92 and I were recently lucky enough to find some Original MD card room chips from the early 90s.
20211011_110933.jpg

Unfortunately no luck on the Original $1s so we plan to use Jerry's Nuggets and relabel. Also the $100s are fill ins, but pretty cool home town stuff from Kent Island, MD

Again welcome to the local PCF scene, you joined in a very dense area of members. Hopefully soon we get the PA games going again. @MegaTon44 usually host a few games a year for us degenerates! Definitely one of the best games in the Philly area, unfortunately Covid has shut it down for a while... but hopefully soon!

Fellow Chipper Ben

On the forum for almost 6 hours... mentioning old school Paulsons... not one person asks for pictures? Wake up people!! Lol

Welcome @sancor20 also in MD here, any chance we get to see your treasures from years past?

@FordPickup92 and I were recently lucky enough to find some Original MD card room chips from the early 90s.
View attachment 807666
Unfortunately no luck on the Original $1s so we plan to use Jerry's Nuggets and relabel. Also the $100s are fill ins, but pretty cool home town stuff from Kent Island, MD

Again welcome to the local PCF scene, you joined in a very dense area of members. Hopefully soon we get the PA games going again. @MegaTon44 usually host a few games a year for us degenerates! Definitely one of the best games in the Philly area, unfortunately Covid has shut it down for a while... but hopefully soon!

Fellow Chipper Ben
I don’t have anything as unique as your set. Back in the 90s, I purchased a 500 piece set of Paulson Classics and 500 piece Nationals. Back then I played in a regular weekly game where we rotated hosting so these were my playing sets. Nevertheless, I’m traveling now but when I return I’ll be happy to share a photo or two.

I don’t have anything as unique as your set. Back in the 90s, I purchased a 500 piece set of Paulson Classics and 500 piece Nationals. Back then I played in a regular weekly game where we rotated hosting so these were my playing sets. Nevertheless, I’m traveling now but when I return I’ll be happy to share a photo or two.
Guessing by Nationals you are in reference to NPS, and Classics both on the Paulson Mold. I am a fan of those as well! Haha
20210110_134804.jpg

We went a slightly different route with the 05 CDIs but basically the same chips as your Classics.

Lots of amazing sets in the area so if you start playing in the local scene there will but lots of cool chips to check out and enjoy!

With Paulsons and many other manufacturers prices skyrocketing since covid, many have turned to buying customs from CPC which are amazing and now we have several new sets in the local area, some we haven't even played yet... fun times ahead as we try to get back to some level of Normalcy.

If I can ever be of assistance please do not hesitate to reach out. Safe travels and hopefully meet you in a local card room soon!

Screenshot_20200304-122240_Samsung Internet.jpg

Throw back from Dan's last game (pre covid) left to right @MegaTon44 , local but on the forum (can't remember his name), green Shirt @joepro (PA) , plaid @Cliff (MD), orange shirt @Lil Tuna (TX now) gray fleece n hat @MikesDad (MD), crazy man in the back @Klobberer (PA), first lady @thewhistler (PA), second lady @FordPickup92 (MD), gray shirt @Pokerdweebz (PA I believe), peach shirt @krafticus (MD), blue shirt @StewbieDoo (MD), red shirt @p5woody , black hoodie @grebe (VA) and that terrible hairy redneck on the end... well that's me.

Good times with great chippers! Hope to see you all again soon!

For the record I think you would make a sexy bald Santa @MegaTon44 for a late December game! Lol

Welcome aboard @sancor20. I wish I had been playing cards in games back in the 90s with Paulson classics and Nationals on the felt. I probably would have found this hobby way before I did.
As @Ben8257 mentioned above, if you can ever make it out to @MegaTon44 s place for a meet up, it will be time well spent. Dan and his wife host a really nice event, made the 4 hour drive on 3 occasions to splash pots with the PA and Jersey crews.
Hope this revive of an old journey turns out to be a great one.

Welcome aboard. My aunt lives in Doylestown. Beautiful area. Love to visit when I can

I kept my two 500 pc Paulson sets, the traditional THC (not the world THC) and the National Poker Series. The rest of my random samples I had purchased before buying my sets, I let my kids play with when they were growing up. Can't seem to find any of those but I don't believe there was anything worth saving.

Years ago I used to follow a web site called homepokertourneyDOTcom. Through that site I used one of the vendors they recommended but it appears many of them are no longer around. In fact the creator of that site has passed away and now someone is keeping his site alive, but it is no longer current. I'm sure many of you probably know of this same site. He will be missed. He was a great resource for all things poker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom