Hello from Ambassador Games!

Bulldog

Pair
Reaction score
I attached images of the case we made back in 2007 for an online poker site. It was an aluminum case with a removable 500 chip tray, with collapsable metal handles. We also did in 300 size. It was a really cool product. But actually I'd just like to do the tray now. Or do you all see benefit in having an aluminum case to carry it around in? Also, how do you come up with this 66.7mm recommendation?
I would be very interested in 500 chip trays without the case. In 39mm size.

THRA5H3R

Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a little late to the party here, but I wanted to give some feedback from a non-collecting, casual poker player with an affinity for board games.

Although I own a set of suited chips (I'm not certain what material, but they're 13g with card suits on them), I saw this set at Costco and picked it up immediately. I had been eyeing a custom set of gaming chips, but I still hadn't committed to the cost and the Ambassador chips had denominations that made them quite usable as substitutes for paper money in games. Having handled them a bit (I haven't played a game with them yet), I can say that only four colors does feel slightly limiting, but I understand the restrictions you were operating under with this set. Also, I am noticing the chips don't exactly slide across each other easily. I currently have some in a tray that I designed and 3d printed to fit these chips, and it's a bit difficult to pull one chip from the end of a stack.

I have to admit I don't remember which set I picked up, as I didn't realize there were different products offered - cash vs. tournament. However, I was surprised to find plastic cards vs. paper, and the additional blind chips (which don't feel terribly useful).

Brookston

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reading this thread I just want to say what a breath of fresh air it is to hear a company trying to set their product apart by making it better, rather than as dirt cheap as possible!

I think if you want to appeal to the connoisseurs, the most important thing that sets real chips apart from cheap plastics, is that cheap plastics all have the same edge spots within a set. If you came out with set with a nice edge spot progression, it would improve the look of the set 100% to the eyes of people on this site. Check out the edge spots on these beauties from JACK detroit.

T500.jpgT2000.jpgT10000.jpg

Another idea, and something I haven't seen much of in the lower end gaming market are European style chips. A set of convincing European chips may even be easier to make, as even real jetons are made out of molded plastic. They have to use very high-end plastics due to durability and security issues, but for the home gamer, cheaper acrylic would probably be fine.

21-copie.jpg51CC7E53-9316-4967-81C5-60CBDACAAE88.jpg870x489-maxmatinnews005420.jpg988CD265-F51B-49E1-AADF-9C612A1F3048.jpg16217918366181106140763.jpgBERLIN-.jpgcrystal-plaques.jpgjetons acf.jpg

If not a full set of european chips, then a set of American style chips that came with 10 or 20 large plaques for the higher denominations would be pretty sweet, especially if you can design a custom case that hold both chips and plaques.

AmbassadorGames

Sitting Out
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Reading this thread I just want to say what a breath of fresh air it is to hear a company trying to set their product apart by making it better, rather than as dirt cheap as possible!

I think if you want to appeal to the connoisseurs, the most important thing that sets real chips apart from cheap plastics, is that cheap plastics all have the same edge spots within a set. If you came out with set with a nice edge spot progression, it would improve the look of the set 100% to the eyes of people on this site. Check out the edge spots on these beauties from JACK detroit.

View attachment 707313View attachment 707314View attachment 707315

Another idea, and something I haven't seen much of in the lower end gaming market are European style chips. A set of convincing European chips may even be easier to make, as even real jetons are made out of molded plastic. They have to use very high-end plastics due to durability and security issues, but for the home gamer, cheaper acrylic would probably be fine.

View attachment 707297View attachment 707298View attachment 707299View attachment 707300View attachment 707301View attachment 707302View attachment 707303View attachment 707304

If not a full set of european chips, then a set of American style chips that came with 10 or 20 large plaques for the higher denominations would be pretty sweet, especially if you can design a custom case that hold both chips and plaques.
Thanks for the advice. We've certainly got alot of great ideas & suggestions from the community here. Hopefully we'll have some new products ready for 2022 that will impress - we're working on it!

aces

Sitting Out
Reaction score
FYI the Costco link does not work. As of the writing of this message I have not looked through all of the messages so forgive me if someone else already posted about it.

AmbassadorGames

Sitting Out
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Top Bottom