Hello from Alberta, Canada (1 Viewer)

JoeBiz

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi All,

Been lurking here for a while, lots of great discussions! Looking to build my first table, for a very casual game. To give you an idea, my group has been playing in my garage seated on old couches and car seats, with a scrap wood coffee table for a playing surface. $20 buy winner-take-all. Good for fun, but we don't take it terribly seriously. Anyway, decided to have a crack at a table, mostly because I like to mess around in the garage, and this gives me a good project to do. Will be reading many opinions on material and layout. Particularly interested in tables that get stored when not in use.

Thanks for having me!

Cheers,
-Joe

Hi All,

Been lurking here for a while, lots of great discussions! Looking to build my first table, for a very casual game. To give you an idea, my group has been playing in my garage seated on old couches and car seats, with a scrap wood coffee table for a playing surface. $20 buy winner-take-all. Good for fun, but we don't take it terribly seriously. Anyway, decided to have a crack at a table, mostly because I like to mess around in the garage, and this gives me a good project to do. Will be reading many opinions on material and layout. Particularly interested in tables that get stored when not in use.

Thanks for having me!

Cheers,
-Joe
Welcome, Joe. I love your Premium Rye.

5299D33E-DF54-48C9-B37F-A861B4C16DC1.jpeg

You’ll find plenty of canucks here. Welcome!

A couple of points about a table that i never considered until I got here.

-don’t do a racetrack, run the felt right to the rail
-cup holders force people to sit in certain positions. So if you have room, use sidecarts. If you have to put them in your table, DON’T put them in the playing surface.
-gorilla legs are good if you want a sturdy folding table
-if it spend most of its time on its side, look at chanmans rental tables in his forum here to see the little legs he put on the side that fold out
-get a nice custom felt by chanman (vancouver based).

Good luck!

You’ll find plenty of canucks here. Welcome!

A couple of points about a table that i never considered until I got here.

-don’t do a racetrack, run the felt right to the rail
-cup holders force people to sit in certain positions. So if you have room, use sidecarts. If you have to put them in your table, DON’T put them in the playing surface.
-gorilla legs are good if you want a sturdy folding table
-if it spend most of its time on its side, look at chanmans rental tables in his forum here to see the little legs he put on the side that fold out
-get a nice custom felt by chanman (vancouver based).

Good luck!
Thanks for the tips! Cupholders are a must for this group. Pretty sure a couple rank the drinking higher than the playing. Which is fine. Like I said, super casual group.

Also dislike racetrack.

Gonna go for a budget build, so no chanman this time. Maybe on the next one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom